Employee Safety Blog
- Safety and SecurityWeekly Situation Report: War in Ukraine
Read on for our analysis, and check back every Monday for updates on this developing war.
- Safety and Security9 OSHA Safety Topics for 2023 Training
When OSHA regulations fade to the background, your business is more likely to see violations and even accidents. Keep compliance top of mind by integrating these 9 OSHA safety topics into your regular training or meetings.
- Safety and Security2023 Workplace Safety Trends: 5 Ways to Support Your Employees
Keeping up with the latest trends is a great way to stay on top of what’s working, and safety is no exception. Find out what safety trends are in for 2023, and hear from leading experts about the strategies they’re implementing this year.
- Safety and Security29 Short Safety Talks: Topics & Ideas to Boost Engagement
Leaving conversations about safety to quarterly meetings and occasional safety training means safety skills and awareness atrophy over time. Want a way to refresh key concepts without losing everyone’s attention? We have you covered with safety talk ideas.
- Safety and Security6 Steps to Winter Preparedness for Business [+ Checklist]
Don’t let your holiday plans and end-of-year goals distract you from the approaching threats of winter weather. Make sure you complete all the items on your winter preparedness checklist so you can rest easy knowing your team is ready for whatever storms are on the horizon.
- Safety and SecurityPrevent Workplace Slips, Trips, and Falls—8 Safety Tips
Mopping up a spill or double-checking a guardrail might seem like simple common sense, but slips, trips, and falls are the second most common cause of death at work. These are life-saving procedures. Keep reading for practical tips to prevent workplace accidents.
- Safety and SecurityWinter Slips, Trips, and Falls: Prevention and Training to Protect Your Employees
Learn the steps every business should take to protect your employees and prevent dangerous and costly winter slips, trips, and falls at or around your workplace.
- Safety and Security12 Workplace Safety Tips for 2023
Ensuring workplace safety will prevent accidents and save your business time and money. Here are 12 workplace safety tips that will help you keep your people safe and your business running normally.
- Safety and Security5 Cold-Weather Safety Tips for Employees and Business Leaders
Winter’s harsh realities can motivate your strongest preparedness efforts to avert accidents, illnesses, and downtime. Find unique recommendations for safety leaders and employees.
- Safety and SecurityLocation-Based Weather Alerts to Keep Traveling Employees Safe
You must be prepared to react quickly when bad weather strikes. By equipping traveling employees with location-based weather alerts, you can ensure they have the most up-to-date information available.
- Safety and SecurityDecember & January Safety Topics to Elevate Workplace Safety
With hazards getting more slippery and employees’ attention more scattered, you must review winter safety tips with your teams on a regular basis.
- Safety and Security5 Work-From-Home Safety Tips for 2023
An employer’s duty of care extends to remote employees, and it’s necessary to bridge the gaps of a distributed workforce. Protect your remote employees from harm with these work-from-home safety tips.
- Safety and Security24 Safety Moment Ideas for 2023 Preparedness
2023 is just around the corner. Prepare your company and your people for whatever the new year brings with these 24 ideas for “safety moment” meetings.
- Safety and Security21 Business Travel Safety Tips and Guidelines for Employees
Traveling for business introduces a host of problems. Following these business travel security tips will lead you in the right direction.
- Safety and SecurityMeeting Your Duty of Care to Business Travelers: Guidelines and Tips
Traveling workers face unique and varied dangers worldwide. Here are the ways you can fulfill your duty of care and protect them.
- Safety and SecurityStrong Target Hardening Techniques for Businesses
Learn what target hardening is, why it’s critical to employee safety and business continuity, and what you can do to make your organization more secure.
- Safety and SecurityCybersecurity Awareness Month 2022—Take Action for Your Business
Need help upgrading your company’s cybersecurity? Here’s how you and your people can “See Yourself in Cyber” during this October’s National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Run a Ransomware Tabletop Exercise [+ Scenarios]
Ransomware attacks can wreak havoc on your business. Prepare your people with these tabletop exercise scenarios.
- Safety and Security8 Situational Awareness Safety Tips for Every Workplace
To prevent a wide range of hazards, promote situational awareness at all levels of your organization. These expert tips will help you build a foundation of proactive safety.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Conduct an Active Shooter Tabletop Exercise
Active shooter preparedness training helps employees navigate potential acts of violence in a safe setting. In this post, we’ll cover how tabletop exercises can help you elevate your active shooter response strategy.
- Safety and SecurityActive Shooter Planning: Prevention, Preparedness, and Response
It’s natural to want to avoid thinking about a mass shooting at your workplace, but having a documented response plan in place is vital to keeping employees safe during a crisis. In this article, we’ll cover what to include in your plans to best prepare your people and business.
- Safety and SecurityBenefits of Converged Security for Business
Modern security threats target blind spots at the intersection between physical and cyber security. Security convergence is the approach to countering them effectively for your business.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Conduct Fire Safety Training for Employees: 5 Steps
Fires can prove devastating to a business, but proper training can prevent the worst from happening. We’ll discuss employee training requirements and how to develop a fire safety training program.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Improve Situational Awareness at Work
Improving situational awareness takes on-the-ground training and practice, as well as stronger threat intelligence. The broad benefits for your people and your business warrant ongoing attention to situational preparedness.
- Safety and SecurityHeat Stress Prevention in the Workplace
Learn about heat stress prevention and the steps you should take to keep your employees cool and safe during excessive heat.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Create a Fire Prevention Plan [+ eBook]
The best way to stay safe from the dangers of workplace fires is to make sure they don’t happen in the first place. Learn how to create your own fire prevention plan here.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Run Active Shooter Drills at Work
Learn about the various types of active shooter drills, pros and cons, and what experts say about preparing your employees for an active shooter scenario.
- Safety and SecurityHow Situational Awareness Supports Safety Outcomes
For workplace safety, situational awareness applies to both internal and external hazards. You and your employees can mitigate risks by being better prepared for proactive and reactive responses.
- Safety and SecurityWildfire Preparedness and Evacuation Checklist [Free Tool]
Use this checklist to prepare your business for a wildfire evacuation and keep your people safe.
- Safety and Security5 Heat Safety Tips for Workplace Compliance & Employee Health
High heat poses severe dangers, but with careful preparation, you can protect employees from heat illness and injury while moving business forward.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Improve Risk Awareness in the Workplace With Practice and Communication
Training your employees in risk awareness will improve your overall emergency preparedness and risk management.
- Safety and SecurityTravel Risk Management: What Your Company Needs to Know
Business travel can provide many unique benefits, but it also brings risks. That’s where travel risk management comes in. Learn how you can keep your business travelers safe and connected at all times.
- Emergency ManagementCommon Fire Hazards in the Workplace and How to Avoid Them
While workplace fires are sometimes out of an organization’s control, understanding risk will help dramatically reduce the likelihood a fire will occur.
- Safety and SecuritySituational Awareness in the Workplace: How to Inspire Employee Vigilance
Situationally aware employees are more likely to notice workplace risks before they become hazardous situations. Learn how to support your employees in cultivating situational awareness.
- Safety and Security6 Best Safety Engagement Ideas for Real Cultural Change in Your Organization
A workplace culture that embraces safety is ingrained in every process and decision your company makes. Read on for safety engagement ideas to cultivate and maintain a strong safety culture.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Improve Safety Culture: 7 Workplace Strategies
Creating and maintaining a healthy safety culture is crucial to running any thriving business. In this article, we’ll go over ways to improve the safety culture of your organization.
- Safety and Security6 Construction Site Safety Tips to Protect Your Team
Construction sites can quickly shift from efficient work zones to disaster areas if they aren’t set up for safety. Here are some tips to keep your construction site safe and your workers protected.
- Safety and SecurityQ&A: The CDC on Improving Total Worker Health
Dr. Casey Chosewood, Senior Medical Officer and Director of the CDC’s NIOSH Total Worker Health® Program shares how organizations can keep employees safe at work and empowered in their overall health.
- Safety and SecurityYour Comprehensive Guide to First Aid Training for Employees
All employees are exposed to a range of risks every single day. But first aid training can prepare your team to respond to workplace injuries and will help them stay safe on the job.
- Safety and SecurityFostering a Culture of Safety in Healthcare
By cultivating a culture of safety in healthcare organizations, you establish a strong foundation to protect employees and promote patient safety. Here is what you need to consider.
- Safety and Security22 Workplace Safety Quotes From Leaders and Experts
Draw on these quotes and workplace safety slogans to improve your employees’ understanding of and commitment to safety.
- Safety and SecurityPositive Safety Culture: Your Key to a More Resilient Business
Cultivating a positive safety culture is becoming a top priority for organizations across all sectors. This article will look at what exactly building a positive safety culture means and why it’s so important.
- Emergency ManagementHow to Conduct a Fire Drill at Work: A Step-by-Step Guide
This guide will help you and your business improve fire safety by outlining a process for how to conduct a fire drill at work.
- Safety and SecurityBuilding a Workplace Safety Culture in 8 Steps
A strong workplace safety culture is key to any successful safety program. In this article, learn how to build one of your own in 8 steps.
- Safety and SecurityPsychological Safety at Work
Sociologist and Author Dr. Tracy Brower shares how organizations can improve the psychological safety and mental health of their employees, as well as their company’s reputation and bottom line.
- Safety and SecurityThe 20 Most Important Workplace Safety Statistics
In this post, we’ll reveal some of the most important stats regarding workplace safety so you can be better prepared for whatever safety problems your organization faces.
- Safety and Security3 Examples of Companies With Great Safety Culture
Creating a good safety culture is difficult, but luckily we can learn from others’ success. Here are some examples of AlertMedia customers who have great safety cultures, and some insights into how you can develop one of your own.
- Safety and Security2022 Hurricane Season Predictions: Protect Your Business by Planning Ahead
In this post, we take a look at the experts’ predictions for 2022, what it means for your business, and hear from AlertMedia’s in-house meteorologist, Jason Moreland, about what your organization can do to prepare for yet another “above average” hurricane season.
- Safety and SecurityActive Shooter Preparedness: How to Protect Your Business [+ Checklist]
Active shooter preparedness should be a priority for every company concerned about employee safety. Here are some steps you can take to protect your people.
- Safety and SecurityThe Associated Press on Improving Journalist Safety
Ian Phillips, Vice President of International News for The Associated Press, shares his advice for ensuring the safety of traveling, dispersed, or lone workers.
- Safety and SecurityWhy You Should Prioritize Mental Health in the Workplace
Mental health can have a major impact on the overall safety of your employees and the operation of your business. Here is why you should prioritize it in your workplace.
- Emergency ManagementThe Main Types of Workplace Violence and 6 Steps to Mitigate Risks
There are many types of workplace violence, from verbal abuse to homicide. This post discusses the four primary types of workplace violence and covers six steps your organization can take to improve employee safety.
- Safety and SecurityMarathon Petroleum’s Best Practices for Corporate Travel Safety
Brian Cooke, Corporate Security Manager of International Security Operations at Marathon Petroleum, explains how organizations can build a comprehensive travel safety program that protects traveling and dispersed workers, no matter where they are.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Create an Effective Workplace Safety Policy [+ Free Checklist]
Learn how to create a comprehensive workplace safety policy that can protect your people against workplace injuries and illnesses and keep your business running smoothly.
- Safety and SecurityCombining Business Resilience and Business Continuity for a Stronger Organization
Business resilience and business continuity may have differences, but they should both be used to build a strong business. This article breaks down how and why to integrate both strategies.
- Safety and SecurityBuilding a Safety Culture [Webinar Recap]
In this post, we recap lessons learned from a recent webinar about safety culture and instilling safety as a strategic objective across your entire organization.
- Safety and SecurityHow the Vegas Golden Knights Manage Security On and Off the Ice
Joanna Packard, Director of Safety and Security for the Vegas Golden Knights, shares what it’s like to secure these facilities and protect thousands of fans, guests, and employees during hockey season and year-round.
- Safety and SecurityHow Situational Intelligence Mitigates Risk
Situational intelligence is when knowledge meets planning. Learn how situational intelligence can improve your emergency decision making and mitigate risks to your employees and business.
- CommunicationsDuty of Care: An Employer’s Guide to Legal and Moral Responsibilities
In this post, we’ll examine what duty of care is, how it can impact your business, and answer some frequently asked questions about this highly complex subject.
- Safety and SecurityWhat Businesses Need to Know About Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
This post will cover what OSINT is, why it has grown in popularity, and what businesses need to know about leveraging it as part of their risk monitoring and employee safety strategy.
- Emergency ManagementWhat Employees Should Do in a Workplace Fire
A workplace fire can become a nightmare scenario for any organization. This blog will provide you with tips on how employees should react during a fire or emergency.
- Emergency ManagementRun Hide Fight: Pros and Cons
In this blog post, we evaluate the most common method taught in the United States to mitigate active shooters: “Run, Hide, Fight” and what to do before, during, and after an active shooter event.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Create an Inclement Weather Policy for Your Business [+ Template]
Learn the importance of an inclement weather policy to your business and understand what you should think about as you’re creating yours.
- Safety and SecurityThe 7 Most Dangerous Jobs and Tips for Reducing Workplace Accidents
Some jobs are more dangerous than others. Here are the seven most dangerous jobs in America, as well as tips on how to keep at-risk workers safe.
- Safety and SecurityCommunication Best Practices: How to Communicate with Remote Workers
Remote work may have started as a temporary measure, but it’s here to stay for many companies. In this post, we discuss some best practices for how to overcome communication challenges with remote workers.
- Safety and SecurityThe Latest on OSHA’s ETS for COVID-19 Vaccines: What Businesses Need to Know
On November 4, 2021, OSHA issued its Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) requiring employers with 100 or more employees to mandate COVID-19 vaccinations or weekly testing.
In this article, we’ll discuss recent developments, legal challenges, and what businesses need to know ahead of potential changes in 2022.
- Safety and SecurityPsychological Safety in the Workplace
David Hassell and Shane Metcalf, Co-Founders of 15Five, on how organizations can make psychological safety a top priority in the workplace.
- Safety and SecurityBusiness Resilience in 2022: The Path Forward
In a recent webinar, Bonnie Canal, Founder and Managing Partner of The Resiliency Institute, discussed 2022 business resiliency planning and strategies for navigating organizational risks in the coming year.
- Safety and SecurityPanic Button App Solutions for Employees
Panic button apps are convenient, inexpensive, and easy to use. But what good are they if they don’t work well? Here are the main pitfalls of panic button apps.
- Safety and SecurityHow Salesforce Safeguards Its Global Workforce
Stasha Wyskiel, Senior Director of Resilience, Global Safety, and Security at Salesforce, shares how her team navigates employee safety for 65,000 employees across 28 countries.
- Safety and SecurityRetail Holiday Preparedness: How to Protect Your People and Business
In this post, we discuss retail holiday preparedness strategies and why the upcoming holiday shopping season will be unlike any other.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Create an IT Incident Response Plan for Your Business
Learn how to build an incident response plan for your business so you can protect private employee, customer, and company data when a cyberattack hits.
- Safety and SecurityHow Sally Beauty Minimizes Loss & Protects Lone Workers
Jim Mires, Vice President of Loss Prevention and Safety at Sally Beauty, shares how his team protects lone workers and achieves alignment on the company’s safety culture from the top down.
- Safety and SecurityGSX 2021 Recap: 4 Can’t-Miss Sessions on the Future of the Security Industry
Get our takeaways about the most pressing issues facing the security and safety industries today and how to overcome them from GSX 2021.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Handle Suspicious Package Threats
Suspicious packages can be frightening, but you’ll be prepared for them if you know what to look for and create your own response and communication plan.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Prevent the Top 10 OSHA Violations
OSHA regularly publishes a list of its most frequently cited violations. In this post, we’ll provide tips and best practices to help you keep workers safe and avoid OSHA violations.
- Safety and SecurityHow Rakuten Creates Cohesive Safety Programs
Donna Kelly, Head of Facilities at Rakuten Americas, shares how the company has implemented consistent safety programs across multiple locations to empower their facilities teams.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Create a Workplace Violence Prevention Program
Preventing workplace violence starts with knowing how to identify risks. This post will cover some basic guidelines for creating a plan to prevent workplace violence and improve overall workplace safety.
- Safety and SecurityLifesaving Lessons From a Wildfire Study: Q&A With Alexander Maranghides of NIST
How a study of California’s deadliest wildfire is guiding lifesaving research and emergency preparedness efforts.
- Company NewsIntroducing New Mobile App Features to Empower Anywhere Workers
In this post, we discuss AlertMedia’s new mobile app features to help organizations keep employees safe and connected when traveling, working remotely, and on the go.
- Safety and SecurityRetail Loss Prevention: Using Threat Intelligence Technology to Safeguard Stores
In this post, we explore how retailers can strengthen their loss prevention policies and procedures with a comprehensive threat intelligence and emergency communication program.
- Safety and SecurityIdentifying Risks Before They Become Threats: Q&A with Lukas Quanstrom, Ontic CEO
Lukas Quanstrom, Co-Founder and CEO of Ontic, shares how organizations can adopt a proactive security approach to prevent crises.
- Safety and SecurityDuty of Care for the Remote Workforce: Q&A With GitHub’s Security Team
In this Q&A, GitHub’s security experts share how they keep their remote workforce safe and how duty of care has changed since the pandemic.
- Safety and SecurityLocation Intelligence: What You Need to Know
This blog examines modern applications of location intelligence and how organizations can use it to identify threats faster.
- Safety and SecurityHow AlertMedia Delivers Actionable Intelligence: Q&A with Sara Pratley
In this Q&A, Sara Pratley, AlertMedia’s Vice President of Global Intelligence discusses how organizations can protect their people through threat identification and 24/7 situational awareness.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Build a Stronger Safety Culture: Q&A with Scott Gerard of Moss Construction
In this Q&A, Scott Gerard, VP of Environmental Health and Safety at Moss Construction, shares how company leaders can make safety a value within their organization.
- Safety and SecurityImproving Facility Security: Q&A with Kevin Dooley of the San Diego Padres
In this Q&A, Kevin Dooley, Sr. Director of Security and Transportation for the San Diego Padres, shares best practices and advice on keeping facilities of all sizes secure.
- Safety and SecurityKeeping a Mobile Workforce Safe: Q&A with Penny Neferis, JetBlue
In this Q&A, JetBlue’s head of business continuity and emergency response shares lessons learned and advice concerning how to keep dispersed teams safe during critical events.
- Safety and SecurityWinter Driving Safety Tips for Employees (+ Policy Examples)
In this blog post, we’ll explore how organizations can protect employees driving in snow and inclement weather.
- Safety and SecurityWinter Safety Stats and Resources to Keep Your Team Safe From Winter Threats
Whether your employees are working remotely or in the office, winter brings safety risks and operational challenges for which your organization should be prepared.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Keep Your Remote Employees Safe and Connected This Winter
Keep your remote employees safe, productive, and engaged this winter with these safety best practices.
- Safety and Security5 Tips for Improved Productivity This Winter
Productivity doesn’t have to suffer when bad weather hits. Here are 5 tips to improve employee productivity this winter.
- Safety and SecurityThe Many Hazards of Winter Weather to Businesses
There are many winter hazards that can trip up your business. You need to be prepared for more than the occasional snow flurry. Read this article to learn the four hazards that every business—no matter where they are located—needs to plan for this winter.
- CommunicationsUnderstanding the Impact of California AB 685 on Emergency Communication
Assembly Bill 685 will take effect beginning January 1, 2021, and impacts the vast majority of the nearly one million businesses currently operating in the state of California.
- Emergency ManagementThinking Beyond the Simple Text Blaster
When you need to communicate critical information to employees, a one-way text messaging tool doesn’t compare to emergency communication software.
- Emergency ManagementUsing a Wildfire Map to Protect Your Business
When used correctly, a wildfire map can be a valuable resource for your business. This article discusses the three types of wildfire maps—and when to use each one.
- CommunicationsMinimizing Employee Uncertainty and Anxiety (“Coffee With An Expert” RECAP)
AlertMedia recently hosted our first-ever “Coffee With An Expert” —a live Q&A session on minimizing COVID-19 induced anxiety in the workplace.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Scale Back Reopening When Cases Surge
Businesses must be ready to react when cases surge in their area. This article will discuss how to scale back reopening when it becomes time.
- Safety and SecurityHow Local Threat Monitoring Can Protect Your People During a Hurricane
Modern threat monitoring capabilities can show you the storm as it’s approaching and help you identify and communicate with at-risk employees.
- CommunicationsHR’s Role in Safety: How HR Wins With Effective Emergency Communication
As organizations around the world adapt to a new way of working and an evolving business landscape, HR’s role in safety has never been more important.
- Safety and SecurityHow and When to Restart Business Travel
In this article, we will unpack the key questions your organization needs to be asking when planning necessary or future business travel.
- Safety and SecurityWhat to Do When an Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
Your organization will likely have a confirmed case of COVID-19 at some point. Do you know what to do if an employee tests positive for COVID-19?
- CommunicationsHow to Reopen Your Business Safely [+4 Questions to Ask Before You Do]
The decision of whether to reopen is weighing heavily on the minds of many businesses today. Reopen your business with confidence by asking these four questions.
- CustomersIt’s Safety First for Marquette and Its Property Managers
This customer spotlight describes how property management company, Marquette, uses AlertMedia’s lone worker safety solution to ensure the well-being of their employees.
- Safety and SecurityProtecting Your Lone Workers During a Pandemic
For most lone workers, working remotely is not an option. Learn how you can keep your lone workers and those they work with safe during a pandemic.
- Safety and SecurityPrioritizing Caseworker Safety: Interview With an Expert
This interview with a Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) program development expert gives in-depth advice on how the State of Texas is prioritizing caseworker safety.
- CommunicationsCoronavirus Business Preparation: 5 Do’s and Don’ts
In the sea of information regarding Coronavirus, though, it can be hard to identify what your organization can do to prepare for the spread of the disease. In this post, we will discuss the practical steps you can take today to prepare your business for the Coronavirus.
- Safety and SecurityLone Worker Risks: How to Protect Your People
From violent attacks and health risks to work-related injuries, there are numerous threats to employee safety. And those risks are only amplified when employees are working by themselves. As a result, lone worker safety is a top concern for organizations.
- Emergency ManagementThe Three Types of Travel Safety Map
Not all maps are created equal. In this post, we’ll walk you through the three different types of travel safety maps—and when to use each one.
- Safety and SecurityWhat to Look for in a Business Travel Safety App
Every time your employees travel, they face a list of risks. Learn how a travel safety app can help your organization keep your business travelers safe.
- Safety and SecurityAre You Doing Enough to Keep Your Lone Workers Safe?
If you have lone workers on staff, it’s your obligation to keep them as safe as every other employee. Are you doing enough?
- Safety and SecurityHow to Manage Business Travel Risks in the Winter
Traveling for business in the winter can make a bad season for productivity even worse. In this post, we’ll discuss how to mitigate the risks of winter travel and how to keep employees safe, engaged, and productive throughout.
- Safety and SecurityTechnological Alternatives to Close Protection
Close protection is a luxury best reserved for very specific situations. For most organizations, there are new technologies that can help keep your people safe at all times.
- Emergency ManagementFour Steps To Prepare Your Business For Winter
The economic impact of a simple snowstorm can be upwards of $1 billion. Use this guide to winter storm preparation to minimize the impact on your business.
- Safety and SecurityA University’s Duty of Care: What You Need to Know
This post looks at how the courts view a university’s duty of care and how you can fulfill your duty of care to your students and faculty.
- Safety and SecurityHow Lone Worker Safety Monitoring Can Transform Your Organization
Lone worker safety monitoring ensures that even when your lone workers are unaccompanied, they are never truly alone.
- Safety and Security5 Gaps in Your Lone Worker Safety Program [Webinar Recap]
In this webinar, we address some of the common gaps that are found in lone worker programs and important things to consider while selecting a lone worker safety system.
- Safety and SecurityWhen Lone Workers Should Flee Danger
There comes a time when lone workers should flee danger, prioritizing safety over the demands of the job. Being able to communicate at that time is key.
- Safety and SecurityHow a Lone Worker Safety Program Can Benefit Your Organization
Building out a comprehensive lone safety program and properly training your workers is a proactive measure every organization should take.
- Safety and SecurityHow Smartphones Can Save Live: Business Use Cases
Smartphones can do much more than send and receive calls in an emergency. Now your employees’ phones can provide instant access to help when emergencies occur.
- Safety and SecurityAll You Need to Know About Lone Worker Safety Devices
This guide provides a comprehensive overview of the various lone worker safety devices available for employers looking to protect their lone workers.
- Safety and SecurityAddressing the Dangers Faced by Caregivers in the Field
Homecare workers are essential to so many people, but unfortunately, they face some significant vulnerabilities while out in the field. Read this blog post to learn more.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Protect Your Lone Workers In 5 Steps
Consider these 5 tips to make sure your employees are safe when they’re not in the office, to help them feel protected, and to improve their focus on the job at hand.
- Safety and SecurityDuty of Care: The Three Types of Employers
The most successful companies are those that go above and beyond when it comes to their employees’ health by fulfilling their employer’s duty of care.
- Safety and SecurityDuty of Care Case Law And Your Business
In this post, we will summarize the key concepts you need to understand to protect your company from liability.
- Communications8 Driving Safety Tips for Employees
Keeping your drivers and those around them safe is a responsibility every employer should take seriously. Read this article to learn the top 8 driving safety tips for employees.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Improve Lone Worker Safety
The safety of your lone workers should be a top priority. In this post, we’ll discuss proactive strategies organizations should employ to keep their people safe in the field.
- Safety and SecurityCreating a Duty of Care Policy
Every organization has some level of responsibility for their employees’ well-being when they’re on the job. However, it’s not enough to just hope that your employees are safe.
- Emergency Management3 Post-Hurricane Safety Precautions for Facility Managers
Facilities managers are usually the first to return after a hurricane. This article details 3 post-hurricane safety precautions they should keep in mind.
- Safety and SecurityThe Massive Effort to Keep People Safe During Inauguration
With so many in attendance for the inauguration, officials want to be prepared. An emergency alert system will play a key role in keeping people safe.
- Safety and Security5 Reasons It’s Time to Let Employees Work Remotely
Thinking of extending remote working for more employees in 2017? Here are 5 reasons why it would be worth the risk.
- Safety and SecurityIs It Safe for Employees to Travel Abroad? How Companies Can Use Incident Communications Software to Protect Themselves
The more mobile we become, the greater the need to leverage technology to keep us connected. While you hope to never need it, incident communications software can be a valuable tool for companies and a lifeline for employees.
- Safety and SecurityYour Emergency Notification Software: Building Resilience through Monitoring
Maintaining a resilient business with regular operations before, during, and after an unexpected event requires emergency notification software.
- Safety and SecurityMore Protection in the Workplace: A Brief Guide to Employee Safety
Employee safety is crucial to employee satisfaction and minimizing liability. Through preventative measures, you can keep your workers safe. Consider the questions in this article when investing in protection for your employees.
- Safety and SecurityLet Us Keep the Lookout: 5 Sources You Should Track Through Monitoring Center
AlertMedia’s Monitoring Center makes it easy to manage your emergency response by helping you stay current on important and breaking events that affect your business.
- CommunicationsHow to Use Mass Communications to Effectively Reach Your Audience Globally
Your communications platform is the hub for every important piece of information monitored, exchanged, and managed.
- Company NewsNew at AlertMedia: Monitoring Services and Mapping Enhancements
ANNOUNCING: Updated monitoring services. We have improved our ability to deliver a customized, comprehensive approach to monitoring and employee safety tracking.
- Safety and SecurityFive Winter Fire Causes and How to Prevent Them
In addition to implementing an emergency alert communication system, here are a few things you can do to stay safe while keeping warm during the winter.