DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Exploring Diversity and Inclusion at AlertMedia
What makes us different is what makes us great. We believe a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a better, more sustainable business.
We are dedicated to creating an environment where employees can bring their authentic selves to work. Regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation, we are strengthened by a workforce that embodies diversity in all its forms.
Diversity & Inclusion Team
- Simon KimSales Manager"You can’t spell Diversity and Inclusion without Solidarity!"
- Clovis DjiometsaSoftware Engineer"From day one at AlertMedia, I felt like I was part of a warm, diverse, and welcoming family of employees."
- Carrie PowellStaff Accountant"I think it's important to ask ourselves tough questions on identity bias and uncover opportunities to do better. Our team has been empowered to make changes that disrupt society's broader systemic inequality"
- Angie JuliusDirector, Learning & Development"We are better people when we promote inclusivity and celebrate diversity–in the workplace, in our lives, and in our communities."
- Maddy ReidAssociate Product Manager"Everyone belongs here. This is the first time I’ve been out as nonbinary at work."
- Yordano LopezCustomer Success Manager"As Verna Myers said, ‘Diversity is being invited to the party. Inclusion is being asked to dance.’ I’m passionate about ensuring AlertMedia is both diverse, inclusive, and equitable for all."
- Lori OgleHR Manager"Diversity and inclusion are deeply ingrained in our company's values, and I'm excited for our intentional efforts in this space to help guide our continued growth and success!"
- Alex VaccaroChief Marketing Officer"I care deeply about making sure AlertMedia is an equitable and inclusive workplace for all. As the exec sponsor, I am proud to work hand in hand with our passionate team to ensure diversity and inclusion is a foundational part of AlertMedia’s identity and culture. "
How We’re Taking Action
Words without action fall short of progress. Here are a few of the initiatives we have implemented at AlertMedia to promote diversity, inclusion, and equality:
- Inclusive Parental LeaveIndividual journeys to parenthood are very different. All employees—regardless of gender or family type—are eligible for our paid parental leave program.
- Giveback CommitmentThrough both financial donations and paid volunteer time, we support organizations that help underserved and underrepresented members of our community.
- Benchmarking and TrainingWe routinely benchmark our progress toward a more inclusive workplace, using the results to enhance our diversity and unconscious bias training programs.
Accountability Starts With Transparency
We’re proud of the current AlertMedia team and everyone’s recognition that we can always get better at everything we do. By monitoring and publishing employee data, we can take meaningful steps to advance underrepresented groups within our employee population.
Women represent 51% of our workforce, as well as 40% of our executive team and 56% of our management team.
*Includes Not specified, Non-binary/Non-conforming. Smaller groups are grouped together to protect anonymity of our survey responses.
Race / Ethnicity
Employees from one or more underrepresented racial and/or ethnic backgrounds make up 28% of our workforce.
*Includes Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, Not specified. Smaller groups are grouped together to protect anonymity of our survey responses.
“Kindness, equality, and respect underpin everything we do. We are committed to making a positive impact in the communities we call home and recognize that true change only comes from intentional, sustained action.”
Brian Cruver Founder & Chief Executive Officer
You Belong at AlertMedia
Join our group of collaborative people with different backgrounds and experiences, united by a greater purpose.