DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
Exploring Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at AlertMedia
What makes us different is what makes us great. We believe a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a better, more sustainable business.
We are dedicated to creating an environment where employees can bring their authentic selves to work. Regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation, we are strengthened by a workforce that embodies diversity in all its forms.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Team
- Zakia MatthewsSr. Intelligence Analyst“Communicating important information is my life’s work. Letting others know that their needs and wants matter is my passion.”
- Portia SmithCustomer Operations Learning & Development Manager“I am proud to work at a company that is invested in DEI work beyond performative measures. I love that we make an effort to be reflective and find ways to move towards a more inclusive environment every single day.”
- Michael MuradDevOps Engineer“We are all different and we are all unique. I’m proud to be a part of the AlertMedia DEI Team where we not only help create an inclusive environment but embrace one another’s uniqueness in the process.”
- Mariana PrietoCustomer Success Manager“I'm grateful to be part of an organization that values and celebrates diversity and is committed to providing access, opportunities, and education to ensure success for all. I'm excited to be a part of this diverse team to continue our efforts.”
- Kathan FishLead Global Intelligence Analyst“I’m excited to help create an equitable and inclusive environment with the DEI team that will grow and support every single person at AlertMedia. Our collective experiences drive systemic change and positively shape our culture.”
- Becky ZieberContent Marketing Manager“The DEI team at AlertMedia works so hard to make sure that everyone, at our company and in our community, feels welcome, included, and celebrated. I'm so glad I work at a company that does its best to make sure everyone's voice is heard.”
- Tony MarcoDirector, Global Intelligence Team“I think each of us brings a unique voice to the table, and I'm proud to be a part of a team that is pushing to bring all those voices out. To quote Piglet from Winnie the Pooh, 'The things that make me different are the things that make me, me.' ”
- Kaley BraunlingUniversity & DEI Specialist“It is important to me that our workplace provides visibility and opportunity to folks from all walks of life. I want us to reflect the beautifully diverse world we live in, and I'm grateful to work for a company that shares those values.”
- Addison LeathermanSolutions Engineer“I feel so empowered by AlertMedia's dedication to high DEI standards. Being comfortable and open about who I am allows me to perform my best work, and I'm excited to further extend that openness to all members of the AlertMedia family and the community around us.”
- Julia PerrySr. Account Executive“Diversity is a fact. Equity is a choice. Inclusion is an action. Belonging is an outcome.”
How We’re Taking Action
Words without action fall short of progress. Here are a few of the initiatives we have implemented at AlertMedia to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Inclusive Parental LeaveIndividual journeys to parenthood are very different. All employees—regardless of gender or family type—are eligible for our paid parental leave program.
- Giveback CommitmentThrough both financial donations and paid volunteer time, we support organizations that help underserved and underrepresented members of our community.
- Benchmarking and TrainingWe routinely benchmark our progress toward a more inclusive workplace, using the results to enhance our diversity and unconscious bias training programs.
Accountability Starts With Transparency
We’re proud of the current AlertMedia team and everyone’s recognition that we can always get better at everything we do. By monitoring and publishing employee data, we can take meaningful steps to advance underrepresented groups within our employee population.
Women represent 46% of our workforce, as well as 42% of our executive team and 42% of people managers.
*Includes Did not self-identify, Non-binary/Non-conforming. Smaller groups are grouped together to protect anonymity of our survey responses.
Race / Ethnicity
Employees from one or more underrepresented racial and/or ethnic backgrounds make up 24% of our workforce.
*Includes Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, Not specified. Smaller groups are grouped together to protect anonymity of our survey responses.
“Kindness, equality, and respect underpin everything we do. We are committed to making a positive impact in the communities we call home and recognize that true change only comes from intentional, sustained action.”
Brian Cruver Founder & Executive Chairman
You Belong at AlertMedia
Join our group of collaborative people with different backgrounds and experiences, united by a greater purpose.