DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
Exploring Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at AlertMedia
What makes us different is what makes us great. We believe a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a better, more sustainable business.
We are dedicated to creating an environment where employees can bring their authentic selves to work. Regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation, we are strengthened by a workforce that embodies diversity in all its forms.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Team
- Becky ZieberContent Marketing Manager“The DEI team at AlertMedia works so hard to make sure that everyone, at our company and in our community, feels welcome, included, and celebrated. I'm so glad I work at a company that does it's best to make sure everyone's voice is heard.”
- Yordano LopezCustomer Success Manager“As Verna Myers said, ‘Diversity is being invited to the party. Inclusion is being asked to dance.’ I’m passionate about ensuring AlertMedia is both diverse, inclusive, and equitable for all.”
- Laura WoolfordChief People Officer“Every employee should feel they can bring their whole self to work. Continuing to create an environment that is open, authentic, and promotes a culture of inclusion and belonging is important to our success.”
- Katie GoanContent Marketing Manager“Building a diverse, equitable, inclusive workplace is about more than policies and programs. It’s about creating a culturally competent environment.”
- Tony MarcoDirector Global Intelligence Team“I think each of us brings a unique voice to the table, and I'm proud to be a part of a team that is pushing to bring all those voices out. To quote Piglet from Winnie the Pooh, 'The things that make me different are the things that make me, me.' ”
- Kaley BraunlingRecruiting Coordinator“It is important to me that our workplace provides visibility and opportunity to folks from all walks of life. I want us to reflect the beautifully diverse world we live in, and I'm grateful to work for a company that shares those values.”
- Addison LeathermanSolutions Engineer“I feel so empowered by AlertMedia's dedication to high DEI standards. Being comfortable and open about who I am allows me to perform my best work, and I'm excited to further extend that openness to all members of the AlertMedia family and the community around us.”
- Julia PerryAccount Executive“Diversity is a fact. Equity is a choice. Inclusion is an action. Belonging is an outcome.”
- Angie JuliusDirector, Learning & Development“We are better people when we promote inclusivity and celebrate diversity–in the workplace, in our lives, and in our communities.”
How We’re Taking Action
Words without action fall short of progress. Here are a few of the initiatives we have implemented at AlertMedia to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Inclusive Parental LeaveIndividual journeys to parenthood are very different. All employees—regardless of gender or family type—are eligible for our paid parental leave program.
- Giveback CommitmentThrough both financial donations and paid volunteer time, we support organizations that help underserved and underrepresented members of our community.
- Benchmarking and TrainingWe routinely benchmark our progress toward a more inclusive workplace, using the results to enhance our diversity and unconscious bias training programs.
Accountability Starts With Transparency
We’re proud of the current AlertMedia team and everyone’s recognition that we can always get better at everything we do. By monitoring and publishing employee data, we can take meaningful steps to advance underrepresented groups within our employee population.
Women represent 51% of our workforce, as well as 40% of our executive team and 56% of our management team.
*Includes Not specified, Non-binary/Non-conforming. Smaller groups are grouped together to protect anonymity of our survey responses.
Race / Ethnicity
Employees from one or more underrepresented racial and/or ethnic backgrounds make up 28% of our workforce.
*Includes Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, Not specified. Smaller groups are grouped together to protect anonymity of our survey responses.
“Kindness, equality, and respect underpin everything we do. We are committed to making a positive impact in the communities we call home and recognize that true change only comes from intentional, sustained action.”
Brian Cruver Founder & Executive Chairman
You Belong at AlertMedia
Join our group of collaborative people with different backgrounds and experiences, united by a greater purpose.