- Emergency Management6 Winter Storm Preparations Every Business Should Make
Safeguarding your people and business from winter threats starts with understanding the risks and having a plan.
- Safety and SecurityHow to Keep Your Remote Employees Safe and Connected This Winter
Keep your remote employees safe, productive, and engaged this winter with these safety best practices.
- Emergency ManagementBusiness Resiliency in 2021 [Webinar Recap]
On December 16th, AlertMedia hosted a live webinar about how organizations can prepare for a new year of unpredictability and change. Read the recap and watch the on-demand version of the webinar to learn the steps that your business can take to remain resilient in 2021.
- Emergency ManagementThe Role of Communication in Crisis Management
Read this article to learn how to create a crisis management plan and explore the role communication plays in keeping people safe and businesses running before, during, and after a crisis.
- Emergency Management6 Essential Winter Safety Tips for Employees
This winter season will be unlike any we’ve seen before. With the COVID-19 pandemic altering how we work, convene, and communicate, it will be more important than ever to ensure your workplace is prepared for the cold months ahead.
- Emergency ManagementPreparing for Winter Weather During a Pandemic [Webinar Recap]
On November 10, meteorologists from the National Weather Service joined AlertMedia to discuss how to prepare for winter weather during the pandemic. Read the recap and access the recording of the webinar.
- Emergency Management3 Steps To Creating an Effective Emergency Response Plan
Follow the three steps included in this article to ensure your organization is prepared to communicate effectively with employees during any emergency or business interruption that may arise.
- Emergency ManagementThinking Beyond the Simple Text Blaster
When you need to communicate critical information to employees, a one-way text messaging tool doesn’t compare to emergency communication software.
- Emergency ManagementUsing a Wildfire Map to Protect Your Business
When used correctly, a wildfire map can be a valuable resource for your business. This article discusses the three types of wildfire maps—and when to use each one.
- CommunicationsCommunication Challenges During Wildfire Season
Businesses face many communication challenges during wildfire season. Keep your employees safe this wildfire season with these 7 steps.
- Emergency ManagementThe True Impact of Wildfires on Business
Wildfire season is here and businesses have a lot at stake. The impact of wildfires on business is astounding, and proactive companies need to be ready.
- CommunicationsHR’s Role in Employee Safety [Webinar Recap]
Gain useful insight on HR best practices that can be utilized to fulfill an organization’s duty of care and keep employees safe.
- Emergency ManagementHurricane Response and Recovery: The Role Businesses Play
Preparing your people for impending damage and responding to community needs after a storm can help you overcome far-reaching consequences for your business.
- Safety and SecurityHow Local Threat Monitoring Can Protect Your People During a Hurricane
Modern threat monitoring capabilities can show you the storm as it’s approaching and help you identify and communicate with at-risk employees.
- Emergency ManagementThe Fallout after Landfall: Hurricane Impact on Non-Coastal Businesses
Hurricanes can impact businesses far inland. Read this article to learn the various precautions your business should take regardless of where your offices are located.
- Emergency Management7 Best Practices for Building an Emergency Preparedness Communications Plan
Preparing for an emergency requires a strong emergency communications plan. If a critical event arises, you must respond with confidence.
- CustomersHow Our Customers Use AlertMedia During Hurricane Season
If your organization finds itself in the path of a hurricane, you need to react swiftly and decisively. Several of AlertMedia’s customers understand this reality all too well and were kind enough to share how they use our product to keep their people and business safe during all phases of a storm. Several ingredients must…
- Emergency ManagementHow to Keep Your Employees Calm During a Hurricane
Building your hurricane preparedness plan will help your organization to navigate a dangerous storm as well as keep employees calm during a hurricane.
- CommunicationsBy the Hour: How to Brace Your Business Throughout a Hurricane
Learn how your business should message hurricane emergency communications through all phases of a hurricane: before, during, and after the storm.
- Emergency ManagementBeat Hurricane Season with Emergency Notification Templates
Hurricane season is upon us. Learn how you and your business can be prepared with hurricane notification templates as part of an emergency notification system.
- CommunicationsA Hurricane Communication Plan is Key to Being Prepared
Before a hurricane hits, it’s important that you prepare in advance and develop a hurricane communication plan that the entire organization can depend on.
- Emergency ManagementHow Hurricane Categories Can Help Businesses Prepare for Damage
Knowing the different hurricane categories and what they mean can help you prepare your business for hurricanes of any size.
- CommunicationsHurricane Preparation [Webinar Recap]
Gain useful insight on communication best practices that can be utilized as we approach hurricane season in order to ensure employee safety. Check out our recap of our hurricane preparation webinar.
- Emergency ManagementHow Businesses Can Prepare for Hurricane Season [+Free Checklist]
You can’t control when a storm hits, but you can ensure that you’re ready when it happens. Learn how to prepare your business for a hurricane.
- Emergency ManagementPreparing for Hurricane Season During a Pandemic
The COVID-19 Pandemic is all we think about these days, but there are other threats—such as hurricane season—that we need to keep in mind. Follow the four steps in this article to prepare your organization for this uniquely challenging hurricane season.
- Emergency ManagementPreparing Your Business for Every Stage of a Pandemic
Experts agree that there will most likely be three stages to this pandemic. Read this article to learn how your business can prepare for every stage.
- Emergency ManagementHow to Create a COVID-19 Task Force
To facilitate an agile response to the pandemic, learn how to form central teams dedicated to pandemic response, known as COVID-19 task forces.
- Emergency ManagementRisk Intelligence: How to Boost Your Company’s “RQ”
Read this article to learn how to boost your company’s risk intelligence so you can anticipate, plan for, and respond to a wide array of different risks.
- CommunicationsCoronavirus Business Preparation: 5 Do’s and Don’ts
In the sea of information regarding Coronavirus, though, it can be hard to identify what your organization can do to prepare for the spread of the disease. In this post, we will discuss the practical steps you can take today to prepare your business for the Coronavirus.
- CommunicationsUsing Location-Based Alerts in Emergency Situations
One of the most powerful tools included in modern communication systems is location-based services, which include GPS tracking, map views, and geofencing. Read this article to learn how to leverage this tool to keep your employees safe at all times.
- CommunicationsAnnouncing: AlertMedia’s US-Based, 24/7 Emergency Hotline
Today, AlertMedia formally announced 24/7 Emergency Hotline. This new offering provides organizations with a dedicated phone number their employees can call in case of any emergency, at any time.
- Emergency ManagementFour Steps to Conduct a Business Threat Assessment
Here are the four steps to conducting a business threat assessment so you can reduce risk to a level that is acceptable to your organization.
- Emergency ManagementBe Prepared for Anything: The All-Hazards Approach to Emergency Management
In this post, we describe what an all-hazards approach to emergency planning means and how to leverage it to protect your business.
- Emergency ManagementThe Three Types of Travel Safety Map
Not all maps are created equal. In this post, we’ll walk you through the three different types of travel safety maps—and when to use each one.
- Emergency Management[Webinar Recap] Winter Weather Hazards: How to Prepare and Protect Your Business
Explore the impacts of severe weather and learn tips on how to effectively prepare businesses for winter weather events through effective communication.
- CommunicationsHow AlertMedia Can Help You Keep Your Workforce Safe This Winter
Is your company ready to overcome winter challenges? AlertMedia has the capabilities to help your organization manage every phase of a winter storm.
- Emergency ManagementFour Steps To Prepare Your Business For Winter
The economic impact of a simple snowstorm can be upwards of $1 billion. Use this guide to winter storm preparation to minimize the impact on your business.
- Emergency Management4 Tips to Ensure Corporate Travel Security
Traveling for business introduces a host of unique problems. Following these four corporate travel security tips will get you headed in the right direction.
- Emergency ManagementRun Hide Fight: Pros and Cons
In this blog post, we evaluate the most common method taught in the United States to mitigate active shooters: “Run, Hide, Fight.” Although this method is widely taught, the way it is taught has become highly controversial.
- Emergency ManagementWhat to Put in Your Active Shooter Response Plan
Most companies never want to think about the potential for an active shooter event at their workplace. But with no active shooter response plan, companies fail to provide their employees with the proper protection and safety.
- Emergency ManagementHow to Conduct a Fire Drill at Work
This guide will help you and your business react to fires better by outlining a process for how to conduct a fire drill at work.
- Emergency Management6 Workplace Fire Prevention Tips
Incidents of fire in the workplace can be devastating. Protect your organization from the threat of a workplace fire by learning life-saving fire prevention tips.
- Emergency ManagementHow to Create a Fire Evacuation Plan for Your Business
As a leader, you need to be prepared with a fire evacuation plan for your business. These 7 steps will make sure your people and property are protected.
- Emergency ManagementWhat Employees Should Do in a Workplace Fire
A workplace fire can become a nightmare scenario for any organization. This blog will provide you with tips on how employees should react during a fire or emergency.
- Emergency ManagementHow to Mitigate Workplace Violence
There are many types of workplace violence, from verbal abuse to homicide. How can you mitigate these risks to make your workplace safe?
- Emergency ManagementWhere There’s Smoke: Fire Risks in the Workplace
While workplace fires are sometimes out of an organization’s control, understanding risk will help dramatically reduce the likelihood a fire will occur.
- Emergency Management4 Ways Financial Institutes Can Build an Effective Business Continuity Plan
This is a guide to business continuity aimed at financial institutions. With millions of dollars at risk, the need for an effective plan is mission-critical.
- Emergency ManagementHow Automated Notifications Can Ease the Stress of Emergency Communication
Automated emergency notifications can be a powerful tool in certain circumstances. In this post, we’ll explore the ways you can automate critical alerts.
- Communications4 Must-Have Emergency Notification Message Templates
Save precious time with emergency notification message templates you can build ahead of the emergency and send across multiple channels.
- Emergency ManagementFinding the Best Emergency Notification System Vendor: Tips for Your Evaluation Process
Here are some tips on how to select a mass notification system to ensure a painless process when implementing new emergency alert technology.
- CommunicationsHow Tabletop Exercises Can Help Prepare for Emergencies
A tabletop exercise is a low-cost but high-impact emergency planning event. This guide will show you how to do a tabletop exercise effectively.
- Emergency ManagementNFPA 1600: What It Is and Why You Need It
In this post, we unpack the fundamentals of NFPA 1600: what it is, what it means for your organization, and how you can benefit from it.
- Emergency Management6 Steps To an “Organized” Emergency
“Organized emergency” can sound like an oxymoron, but if you follow these steps beforehand, you will be prepared if a critical event does arise.
- Communications5 Signs You Need to Upgrade Your Mass Notification System
Any plan is only as good as the technology that supports it. Here are 5 signs that you need to upgrade your mass notification system.
- Emergency Management3 Post-Hurricane Safety Precautions for Facility Managers
Facilities managers are usually the first to return after a hurricane. This article details 3 post-hurricane safety precautions they should keep in mind.
- Emergency ManagementHow Leading Companies Prepare for and Recover from Hurricanes
Follow these best practices for hurricane preparation and response from companies who know how to withstand the storm.
- CommunicationsIntroducing Event Pages: Why They’ll Revolutionize Your Critical Communications
Event Pages significantly reduce the amount of time and energy required to provide important information during an ongoing critical event while simultaneously ensuring the right messaging gets to the right people at the right time.
- Emergency ManagementUltimate Guide: How to Build Your CMS Compliant Emergency Plan
Learn how to create a CMS compliant emergency plan that ensures patients, residents, clients, and participants are safe and informed during critical events.
- Emergency Management2017 CMS Emergency Preparedness Guidelines: 4 Steps To Compliance
With new guidelines from CMS, organizations are faced with new challenges to stay compliant. Read on for some suggestions to build your now plan.
- Emergency ManagementCMS Guidelines Overview: 6 Types Of Incidents Your CMS Emergency Preparedness Plan Must Cover
With the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services enacting new guidelines on emergency preparedness, your organization might have questions. We have answers.
- Communications4 Ways Location Improves Your Emergency Communication Plan
Being able to communicate quickly and easily with your employees is key to a successful emergency plan. Learn how to improve your plan with location data here.
- CommunicationsWhich Communication Channels Should You Use During An Emergency?
When was the last time you surveyed your employees to learn which communication channels and devices they most use?
- Emergency ManagementKey Emergency Notification System Features You Need Now
Thinking about an emergency notification system? Here are 14 features you should consider before you invest.
- Emergency ManagementIntegrations Will Play A Major Role in Future Mass Notification Systems
Integrating systems and technologies is the only way to effectively deliver real-time emergency notifications across multiple devices.
- CommunicationsThe Right Way for Healthcare Facilities to Do Mass Notification
Mass notifications are a vital part of any emergency response plan—but hospitals are most at risk without an effective emergency response strategy. Learn how mass notifications can act as a lifeline for healthcare facilities during an emergency.
- Emergency ManagementControl in the Chaos
Recovery after a disaster isn’t easy or cheap but it can be eased when communications flow back and forth between business leaders, support staff, and employees.
- Emergency ManagementMass Text Software Becoming Standard Protocol for Emergency Notification
With so much campus violence, schools are realizing the necessity of mass text software as part of a comprehensive emergency notification strategy.
- Emergency ManagementAre You As Prepared As You Think You Are?
If you’re a business owner or manager, particularly in a role related to security, it’s time to look at mass notification software for your emergency plan.
- Emergency ManagementDid You Prepare for National Preparedness Month?
As we approach the end of this year’s National Preparedness Month, now is the perfect time to talk about how a modern, mass notification system can benefit your business.
- CommunicationsWhy Do So Many Emergency Communications Plans Fail?
When Was the Last Time You Practiced Your Plan? Plenty of companies have some sort of emergency plan in place and even a few of those practice the plan on a regular basis with their employees. Yet, nearly 60 percent of American adults say they have never practiced what to do in a disaster at…
- Emergency ManagementHow a Mass Communication Solution Can Help You Effectively Prepare for Hurricane Season
Do your employees feel safe when a hurricane is on the horizon? Leveraging mass communication software will give them peace of mind.
- Emergency ManagementPlanning Ahead: The Benefits of Templates in Your Emergency Notification Software
A critical event can be stressful, and if you aren’t prepared to communicate when disaster strikes, a critical event can escalate quickly. Templates help ensure that you always send out the right message at the right time.
- Emergency Management7 Must-Have Features of an Emergency Notification System
As you’re evaluating emergency notification system vendors, be on the lookout for these seven must-have features of an emergency notification system that will make your communications easier.
- Emergency ManagementUsing Groups to Succeed With Your Emergency Notification System
Leveraging user groups in an emergency notification system facilitates a more efficient, faster, and simpler communications process.
- Emergency ManagementEmergency Notifications to a Massive Audience: Four Keys to Success
The secret to effective mass notifications lies in the simplicity of sending the notification and streamlining all the activity into one experience.
- Emergency ManagementHow to Use an Emergency Phone Number [+4 Tips From Our Customers]
When setting the foundation for employee safety and communication, one essential resource to establish is a secure emergency phone number.
- CommunicationsTwo-Way Communications: Lifeline for Audience Interaction
Two-way communication gives organizations the benefit of audience participation during emergencies, critical events, and important company-wide announcements.
- Emergency Management6 Things to Consider When Choosing Your Emergency Notification System
The right mass communications partner is critical to your success. When reviewing a system to protect your organization lookout for these core components.
- Emergency ManagementThe Many Surprises of Emergency Communication
AlertMedia conducted a survey of 400 organizations—including schools, healthcare facilities, municipalities, and large enterprises—and learned some interesting statistics about emergency communication and the need for a modern solution.
- Emergency ManagementAlertMedia Announces Next-Generation Platform for Emergency Communication
AlertMedia, the developer of next-generation emergency communication technology, has announced the launch of the first “any-channel” notification platform.
- Emergency ManagementPracticing Emergency Preparedness
In order to have a successful response during a real emergency, your practice should mirror a real emergency management situation as much as possible.
- CommunicationsCrisis Communication Using AlertMedia
Good crisis communication planning requires that you identify potential crisis risks that can affect your business before they occur.
- Emergency ManagementIncident Management Using AlertMedia
Managing emergencies requires effective employee communication tools that ensure accurate messages are sent, received, followed-up, and tracked.
- Emergency ManagementA Disaster Notification System Is Essential During Tornadoes
A tornado can strike at any point. A modern mass notification system can help save lives during the short period of time you may have to communicate with your community.
- Emergency ManagementThe Impact of Emergency Notification Software for Airports
Every airport needs to have a robust, modern mass notification system in place. Read on to learn why.