Employee Safety Blog
- CommunicationsA Hurricane Communication Plan Is Key to Being Prepared
Before a hurricane hits, it’s important to prepare in advance and develop a hurricane communication plan that your entire organization can depend on.
- CommunicationsJenn Lim on Creating Workplace Happiness
Jenn Lim, Co-Founder, CEO, and Chief Happiness Officer at Delivering Happiness shares how companies can build a workplace culture where employees can experience meaningful happiness and feel psychologically safe.
- Communications12 Monthly Safety Topics To Train All Year Round
Run better and more engaging safety meetings and keep your employees engaged all year long with these monthly safety topics.
- CommunicationsHow to Create and Run Tabletop Exercises [+Template]
Tabletop exercises are a low-cost yet highly impactful part of emergency preparedness. This guide will show you how to effectively conduct a tabletop exercise at your organization.
- CommunicationsCommunication Strategies To Effectively Navigate a Crisis [Webinar Recap]
It is almost a sure bet that your organization will have a crisis on its hands at one time or another. Check out the recap of our recent webinar where we review ways to prepare for them.
- CommunicationsAre Your Employees Listening? 5 Strategies to Improve Your Internal Communications
Good internal communication is critical to keep your team engaged, safe, and informed. Learn strategies that will help you ensure employees are listening when it’s most important.
- CommunicationsDuty of Care: An Employer’s Guide to Legal and Moral Responsibilities
In this post, we’ll examine what duty of care is, how it can impact your business, and answer some frequently asked questions about this highly complex subject.
- CommunicationsEmployee Safety in a Workplace With a No Cell Phone Policy
Many businesses choose to have a no cell phone policy at work, but that can pose a challenge when an emergency arises. This article goes through what those challenges are and how to prioritize the safety of your employees without the use of cell phones.
- CommunicationsWhy Your Phone Tree Is a Liability—And How To Improve It
The phone tree used to be efficient compared to other available options. But the ways we work, communicate, and live have all changed dramatically.
- CommunicationsImproving Incident Outcomes With Modern Emergency Communication Tools
David Markley, Director of Operations at Grace Covenant Church, shares the tools and strategies he uses to effectively communicate with his employees, volunteers, and congregation during emergency situations.
- CommunicationsHow AlertMedia Customers Use Desktop Alerts
AlertMedia’s Desktop Alerts are a fast, highly-visible way to reach employees with urgent messages. Learn how AlertMedia customers use this channel to keep their employees safe and informed.
- CommunicationsHow To Create and Communicate a Workplace Vaccination Policy
In this blog post, we’ll explore key considerations for developing a COVID-19 workplace vaccination policy and messaging you can use to communicate decisions to employees.
- CommunicationsThe Importance of Two-Way Communication During a Crisis
Being able to both send and receive information during an emergency is critical to keeping your teams safe. Learn about why two-way communications capabilities should be on your shortlist of ‘must-have’ features for any emergency notification solution.
- CommunicationsHow to Promote Mental Health Within Your Organization
Maggie Mortali, Senior Program Director at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, shares why businesses play a critical role in mental health and how they can set the tone for the well-being of our workforce.
- CommunicationsTesting Your Emergency Notification System: What Businesses Can Learn From the National EAS Test
Testing your emergency notification system before a crisis hits is the best way to make sure you can keep your employees informed and safe. In this article, we examine the most recent national emergency alert test and go over some best practices for testing your own system.
- CommunicationsProtecting the Anywhere Worker (Webinar Recap)
With hybrid and flexible work arrangements becoming the new normal, organizations must evolve to keep their employees safe and connected, wherever they are.
- CommunicationsOvercoming Wildfire Communication Challenges This Season
Discover best practices and tools you can use to ensure your wildfire communication is poised to protect your people and organization during this incredibly active season.
- Emergency Management6 Steps to Creating an Effective Emergency Response Plan
Follow the six steps included in this article to create an emergency response plan that keeps your people, business, and assets safe during any critical event that may arise.
- CommunicationsHow the Houston Astros Simplify Operations With Emergency Communication
Chris Josefy, Director of Applications and Data for the Houston Astros, discusses how the organization ensures the safety of employees and fans at Minute Maid Park.
- CommunicationsNavigating a Safe and Stable Return to the Workplace [Webinar Recap]
Environmental Health and Safety Attorney, Chris Schlag, provides insights into addressing and complying with regulation changes for organizations developing their reopening plans.
- Emergency ManagementThe Role of Communication in Crisis Management
In this post, we discuss how to create a crisis management plan and explore the role communication plays in keeping people safe and businesses running before, during, and after a crisis.
- CommunicationsAssessing Emergency Communications ROI for the Modern Enterprise (Webinar Recap)
A new commissioned Total Economic Impact™ study conducted by Forrester Consulting shines a spotlight on the ROI organizations can realize by migrating to AlertMedia’s modern emergency communications solution.
- CommunicationsThe Role of Crisis Communication During an Emergency
This post discusses what crisis communication is and outlines the critical components needed to develop a comprehensive crisis communication strategy.
- CommunicationsHow These 3 Companies Use AlertMedia To Communicate With Remote Workers
To improve safety and fulfill their duty of care, companies with remote, mobile, and field-based workers are turning to AlertMedia’s emergency communication software.
- CommunicationsEnhancing Employee Safety for Remote Workers [Webinar Recap]
We recently spoke with a leading expert on remote work to discuss employee safety and communication best practices for distributed teams.
- CommunicationsHow AlertMedia Communicates With Employees During Emergencies
In this post, we discuss how AlertMedia leveraged emergency communication best practices during the recent winter storms in Texas.
- CommunicationsThe Importance of Trust Before, During, and After an Emergency
In this blog post, we discuss the importance of emergency communication and establishing trust between employers and employees.
- CommunicationsCommunication Challenges Series: Employees Without Email Addresses
In this first post of a multi-part blog series, we’ll explore why email alone is insufficient when it comes to keeping today’s mobile, distributed workforce informed during critical events.
- CommunicationsImproving Employee Safety During a Pandemic: Q&A with Epidemiologist Mark Stibich
In this Q&A, infectious disease expert and epidemiologist, Dr. Mark Stibich, provides actionable advice for employers to protect employees returning to work.
- Safety and SecurityWinter Safety Stats and Resources to Keep Your Team Safe From Winter Threats
Whether your employees are working remotely or in the office, winter brings safety risks and operational challenges for which your organization should be prepared.
- CommunicationsHow Our Customers Are Using AlertMedia to Improve Operations, Internal Communications, and Overall Efficiency
The three companies highlighted in this article figured out how to use AlertMedia in creative ways to get the most out of their investment in a modern emergency communication system.
- CommunicationsClean Sweep: AlertMedia Wins Four 2020 ASTORS Awards for Emergency Communication Solution
For the fourth consecutive year, American Security Today named AlertMedia the best mass notification solution in the market.
- Emergency ManagementPreparing for Winter Weather During a Pandemic [Webinar Recap]
On November 10, meteorologists from the National Weather Service joined AlertMedia to discuss how to prepare for winter weather during the pandemic. Read the recap and access the recording of the webinar.
- CommunicationsMaximize the Value of Your Emergency Communication Software
Modern emergency communication systems have many practical applications, helping facilitate communication during any event in which a large number of employees need information quickly.
- CommunicationsHow to Choose the Right Emergency Communication Software [Webinar Recap]
In this webinar recap, we discuss practical insights on features to consider in a communication system, questions to ask vendors, and how to find a system to fit your organization’s requirements.
- CommunicationsRethinking Disruptive Events: Is It Urgent or an Emergency?
In this post, we discuss business-critical situations that can be just as detrimental to your organization as a traditional emergency and how a modern emergency communication solution can help you mitigate risk.
- CommunicationsUnderstanding the Impact of California AB 685 on Emergency Communication
Assembly Bill 685 will take effect beginning January 1, 2021, and impacts the vast majority of the nearly one million businesses currently operating in the state of California.
- CommunicationsHow to Solve Common Business Problems With Mass Communication Software
In this post, we’ll discuss four of the most common business challenges organizations face and how a modern mass communication solution can help you overcome them.
- CommunicationsMinimizing Employee Uncertainty and Anxiety (“Coffee With An Expert” RECAP)
AlertMedia recently hosted our first-ever “Coffee With An Expert” —a live Q&A session on minimizing COVID-19 induced anxiety in the workplace.
- CommunicationsHR’s Role in Employee Safety [Webinar Recap]
Gain useful insight on HR best practices that can be utilized to fulfill an organization’s duty of care and keep employees safe.
- CommunicationsHow to Ease Employee Anxiety During a Pandemic
As an employer, there are important steps you can take to combat employee anxiety. Here are six ways you can ease employee anxiety during the pandemic.
- CommunicationsWhat HR Should Look for in an Emergency Communication System
Faced with an increasingly remote workforce due to COVID-19, today’s HR teams have their work cut out for them. So, how can HR leaders successfully navigate this challenge? Enter modern emergency communication software.
- CommunicationsAn HR Leader’s Guide to Emergency Communication Software
It’s an HR leader’s responsibility to make sure that they communicate effectively with their employees. In this guide, we’ll outline how to do this as best as possible.
- CommunicationsHR’s Role in Safety: How HR Wins With Effective Emergency Communication
As organizations around the world adapt to a new way of working and an evolving business landscape, HR’s role in safety has never been more important.
- CommunicationsBy the Hour: How to Brace Your Business Throughout a Hurricane
Learn how your business should message hurricane emergency communications through all phases of a hurricane: before, during, and after the storm.
- CommunicationsUsing Surveys to Reopen Your Business
Getting feedback from employees is critical to reopening your business. In this article, we will discuss the three main ways your business should use surveys as it reopens: wellness checks, health screening, and coordination.
- CommunicationsHurricane Preparation [Webinar Recap]
Gain useful insight on communication best practices that can be utilized as we approach hurricane season in order to ensure employee safety. Check out our recap of our hurricane preparation webinar.
- CommunicationsHow to Reopen Your Business Safely [+4 Questions to Ask Before You Do]
The decision of whether to reopen is weighing heavily on the minds of many businesses today. Reopen your business with confidence by asking these four questions.
- CommunicationsCoronavirus Business Preparation: 5 Do’s and Don’ts
In the sea of information regarding Coronavirus, though, it can be hard to identify what your organization can do to prepare for the spread of the disease. In this post, we will discuss the practical steps you can take today to prepare your business for the Coronavirus.
- CommunicationsUsing Location-Based Alerts in Emergency Situations
One of the most powerful tools included in modern communication systems is location-based services, which include GPS tracking, map views, and geofencing. Read this article to learn how to leverage this tool to keep your employees safe at all times.
- CommunicationsAnnouncing: AlertMedia’s US-Based, 24/7 Emergency Hotline
Today, AlertMedia formally announced 24/7 Emergency Hotline. This new offering provides organizations with a dedicated phone number their employees can call in case of any emergency, at any time.
- CommunicationsHow AlertMedia Can Help You Keep Your Workforce Safe This Winter
Is your company ready to overcome winter challenges? AlertMedia has the capabilities to help your organization manage every phase of a winter storm.
- Communications5 Ways Interactive Maps Improve Emergency Alert Systems
Does your mass notification system enable you to pinpoint the location of your employees on a map so you can keep them safe no matter where they are?
- CommunicationsKawasaki Motors Speeds Up Internal Communications with AlertMedia
We spoke with Tom Porter, former director of Human Resources & Administration for Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. to get a customer’s take on why an internal communications system was so important for this fast-moving company.
- Communications4 Must-Have Emergency Notification Message Templates
Save precious time with emergency notification message templates you can build ahead of the emergency and send across multiple channels.
- CommunicationsImproving School Communication With a Mass Notification System
- Communications4 Types of Incidents to Manage with Event Pages
Event Pages give organizations a centralized hub to manage all communications around an emergency or critical event so employees are always on the same page.
- CommunicationsText Alerts for Business: What You Need to Know
As the number of communication channels continues to grow, using only one channel becomes less and less effective. Although mass-texting has its benefits, you also have to consider several important factors that limit its usefulness.
- CustomersFranklin Mint FCU Improves Reliability With AlertMedia
Looking for a reliable mass notification system, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union switched to AlertMedia. Learn how AlertMedia was able to help.
- CommunicationsWhat to Look For in a Small Business Communication System
Implementing a small business communication system helps keep your employees safe and connected.
- CommunicationsLocation, Location, Location: 3 Ways to Leverage Location Data
Location data is being used for more than just stalking friends on Snapchat or finding your way to the nearest gas station. Companies can leverage location data to protect, inform, and engage employees.
- Communications8 Driving Safety Tips for Employees
Keeping your drivers and those around them safe is a responsibility every employer should take seriously. Read this article to learn the top 8 driving safety tips for employees.
- Communications5 Signs You Need to Upgrade Your Mass Notification System
Any plan is only as good as the technology that supports it. Here are 5 signs that you need to upgrade your mass notification system.
- Communications5 Steps To The Best Emergency Notification Software Implementation
The best emergency notification software should be implemented quickly, including integrations and training. Follow these 5 tips for a painless integration.
- CommunicationsWhat to Expect From Your Mass Notification System
As you think about how your team can use technology to communicate with your people, these must-have elements of a modern mass notification system should be utilized to mitigate loss during any critical event.
- CommunicationsIntroducing Event Pages: Why They’ll Revolutionize Your Critical Communications
Event Pages significantly reduce the amount of time and energy required to provide important information during an ongoing critical event while simultaneously ensuring the right messaging gets to the right people at the right time.
- CommunicationsWhy You Can’t Just Send an Email
Still using an email alert system for emergencies and urgent messages? A mass communications system can do so more reliably, faster, and with less effort.
- Communications4 Things You Shouldn’t Notify Your Employees About
Employee communications is one of the most cited employee complaints when it fails. Know what to tell and what not to tell to keep them engaged.
- CommunicationsUltimate Guide: CMS Guidelines Emergency Communications Plan
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) wants to ensure that no employee, patient, or family member is left uninformed during an emergency. Read this article to learn how communications can help you prepare.
- Communications4 Ways Location Data Improves Your Emergency Communication Plan
Being able to communicate quickly and easily with your employees is key to a successful emergency plan. Learn how to improve your plan with location data here.
- CommunicationsWhich Communication Channels Should You Use During An Emergency?
When was the last time you surveyed your employees to learn which communication channels and devices they most use?
- CommunicationsEncouraging Employees to Become Brand Advocates
How does an organization begin to encourage employee participation in social media sharing? The first step is to communicate with them.
- CommunicationsThe Easiest Way to Get Everyone on the Same Page
How do you keep the small company feel, with the ideal flow of communication and sharing of knowledge, while still growing? You need software to bring people onto the same page.
- CommunicationsEmployee Engagement Starts With Communication
Employee engagement is an oft-discussed topic, but do you really know what moves the needle? Does your organization have a way to measure it? How do you know if things are getting better?
- CommunicationsThe Right Way for Healthcare Facilities to Do Mass Notification
Mass notifications are a vital part of any emergency response plan—but hospitals are most at risk without an effective emergency response strategy. Learn how mass notifications can act as a lifeline for healthcare facilities during an emergency.
- CommunicationsCyber Threats and Mass Communications Systems
It is estimated that cyberattacks cost businesses as much as $400 billion a year and is expected to reach $2 trillion by 2019.
- CommunicationsEmergency Alert Systems Both Then and Now
Governments and private sector companies often fall short when it comes to communication during critical events—and their technology is the reason why.
- Safety and Security5 Reasons It’s Time to Let Employees Work Remotely
Thinking of extending remote working for more employees in 2017? Here are 5 reasons why it would be worth the risk.
- CommunicationsThe Right Way and the Wrong Way to Send Out Mass Notifications
There’s a right way and a wrong way to deliver mass notifications to your employees. Learn from the NYC police how to do it right.
- CommunicationsYour Incoming Text Messages Are Going to Change
Texting is quickly becoming the communication channel of choice for organizations who want to inform, protect, and market to an audience.
- CommunicationsThe Struggle Is Real: Which Mass Alert System Can Reach the Most People?
Organizations struggle with the same challenges as some of the world’s largest countries: which mass alert system is best, can do the most, and easily reach the most people?
- CommunicationsBoost Customer Satisfaction with Mass Communication Software
In a world where consumers demand near-instantaneous service and support, it’s all about efficiency. Mass communication software is the answer.
- CommunicationsManage Events With a Mass Communication System
Think a mass communication system is only capable of blasting out alerts to your employees? See how it can be used for event management and more.
- CommunicationsThe Worst Advice We’ve Ever Heard About Incident Communications
Being told what NOT to do is often more beneficial than being told, step-by-step, how to do something. Read this article to learn the worst advice we’ve ever heard about incident communications and how to manage incidents when they inevitably occur.
- CommunicationsWhy Do So Many Emergency Communications Plans Fail?
Plenty of companies have some sort of emergency plan in place and even a few of those practice the plan on a regular basis with their employees. Yet, nearly 60 percent of American adults say they have never practiced what to do in a disaster at work, school, or home in the past year.
- CommunicationsEfficient Employee Communications: Step Out of the Dark Ages of Mass Notifications
Employee communication is the backbone of well-run organizations and vital to keeping employees aware of critical events.
- CommunicationsGetting the Most out of Your Employee Notification System
An employee notification system can revolutionize the way you communicate with your personnel. In this post, we discuss the primary benefits of having a notification system capable of keeping your staff informed during critical events.
- CommunicationsHow to Reach Your People: Your Guide to Employee Notifications
In this post, we’ll cover how a modern employee notification system enables you to streamline important communication with your people and why it’s the best investment you’ll ever make.
- Communications6 Tips for Creating Notifications for Massive Audiences
If you want to effectively communicate with a big audience, you need a mass notification system that is fast, secure, and far-reaching.
- CommunicationsWhat You Need to Succeed With a Mass Notification System
While many mass notification systems offer mass texting or mass emails, few platforms come with the diverse array of features that AlertMedia offers.
- CommunicationsThe Essential Emergency Notification System Checklist: 5 Steps to Implementation Success
Careful preparation and planning will help make implementing an emergency notification system go smoothly. Here’s how AlertMedia can help.
- CommunicationsThe Power of Surveying
Using a mass notification solution to send surveys can help you engage your audience and obtain important, time-sensitive information during business-critical events.
- CommunicationsHow to Use Mass Communications to Effectively Reach Your Audience Globally
Your communications platform is the hub for every important piece of information monitored, exchanged, and managed.
- CommunicationsNew to Mass Communications Software? Your Questions Answered
There are different ways to use mass communication systems: In emergencies, operationally, or for general company-wide communications. Which is right for you?
- Communications5 Tools to Drive Audience Interaction through Mass Communications
Communicating with your employees is key to running a successful business. Here are a few ideas for mass communication interactions you can use at your business.
- CommunicationsHow to Create Your Emergency Notification Process
An effective emergency communication strategy starts with letting your employees know your company has thought through critical issues and is prepared for the situations that can impact their safety.
- Emergency ManagementThe Many Surprises of Emergency Communication
AlertMedia conducted a survey of 400 organizations—including schools, healthcare facilities, municipalities, and large enterprises—and learned some interesting statistics about emergency communication and the need for a modern solution.
- CommunicationsWhy Social Media Is Only a Piece of the Puzzle
The sole use of social media in critical situations can have drawbacks. With AlertMedia you can send out multi-channel emergency notifications.
- CommunicationsThe Thirty-Three Percenters of Mass Notifications
One-third of large organizations currently DO NOT have a technology solution in place for emergency mass communication. And that’s a problem.