Last week AlertMedia hosted a webinar on Lone Worker Safety. The conversation was led by Penelope Doherty, former Texas DFPS Safety Support Manager, and Scott Ryder, AlertMedia’s Chief Product Officer.
Penelope and Scott discussed the importance of employee safety, how to define a safety program, common gaps in lone worker safety programs, and shared stories of lone workers who have effectively used AlertMedia’s SafeSignal product. If you missed the webinar, you can access the recording here.
Penelope addressed some of the common gaps that are found in lone worker programs and important things to consider while selecting a lone worker safety system. Some of these key takeaways include:
- Make it clear that staff has permission to leave when there is a threatening situation
- Have a defined reporting process and ensure that staff knows what steps should be taken after an incident occurs
- Have a clear response plan for aggression
- Have a method for sending immediate help. It is important to ensure that the technology works on a locked device, does not rely on personal contacts or solely on GPS, and is easy to use under duress
- Have a clear method for incident follow up
To conclude, Penelope and Scott discussed AlertMedia’s SafeSignal tool, how it is used, and why it has been effective in protecting lone workers.
To learn more about SafeSignal, visit this page.