The Weather Channel on Weather Risk Management Tactics
It doesn’t take a major newsworthy weather event to produce dangerous weather impacts. It’s critical for businesses to understand the weather hazards in their area and develop a risk management plan accordingly.
- Tactics meteorologists employ to encourage people to act on warnings
- Lower-level weather risks that are often overlooked
- Strategies that businesses can adopt to improve weather preparedness
- How research methods and technologies have changed to improve forecasting
Follow Jonathan Erdman on Twitter.
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- How to Achieve Resiliency Through Strategic Crisis Communication
Effective communication becomes the linchpin of organizational resilience in times of uncertainty. From weather disruptions to reputational crises, organizations need to master the art of communication when it matters most—before disaster strikes. Julie Kay Roberts is the Founder of the Private Sector Emergency Management Association, which connects business resilience professionals with the communities they support….
- The Power of Near-Miss Reporting in Healthcare Safety
The healthcare industry is currently grappling with a significant staffing shortage, which directly impacts employee safety. For hospitals and care providers overwhelmed by burnout, workplace violence, and other systemic issues, the key to improving their safety culture is near-miss reporting. Heidi Raines is Founder and CEO of Performance Health Partners and author of Shared Voices:…
- How to Leverage Technology and Automation to Improve Physical Security
In today’s threat landscape, physical security leaders face mounting risks with increasing resource constraints. At Datadog, a SaaS-based data analytics platform, Julius Jayasekaran embraces the lean security model by leveraging technology. As Global Head of Physical Security with decades of experience in security operations, Julius discusses how utilizing technology and automation empowers his modern security…