Risk Mitigation for Large-Scale Events
Planning and executing music festivals and community events requires meticulous risk mitigation to protect all attendees and staff.
For Scott, risk forecasting and mitigation are the keys to planning safe and secure mass gatherings.
Listen in to learn how to:
- Assess venues for any safety, security, or transportation concerns
- Determine which risks are “worthy of mitigation”
- Communicate with staff and attendees about expectations before the event
- How to train and prepare your team for mass gatherings
- Build rapport with government officials and agencies in advance
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- How to Build a Ransomware Resilience Plan
This October marks the 20th anniversary of Cybersecurity Awareness Month. Now more than ever, organizations need a plan to face the ever-evolving threat of ransomware attacks. In this episode, Heather Engel, Managing Partner at Strategic Cyber Partners, shares invaluable insights on building an effective ransomware attack response plan and navigating the complex decisions before, during,…
- The Anniversary of Hurricane Ian: Kohl’s Reflects on Their Response
When Hurricane Ian wreaked havoc on the shores of Florida in 2022, Kohl’s mobilized a task force of over 100 corporate leaders, deploying their National Disaster Playbook with precision and compassion. To commemorate the one-year anniversary of the storm, Peter sat down with Stephanie Reissing, Kohls’ Business Continuity Manager, to hear the incredible story of…
- How to Achieve Resiliency Through Strategic Crisis Communication
Effective communication becomes the linchpin of organizational resilience in times of uncertainty. From weather disruptions to reputational crises, organizations need to master the art of communication when it matters most—before disaster strikes. Julie Kay Roberts is the Founder of the Private Sector Emergency Management Association, which connects business resilience professionals with the communities they support….