Risk Mitigation for Large-Scale Events
Planning and executing music festivals and community events requires meticulous risk mitigation to protect all attendees and staff.
For Scott, risk forecasting and mitigation are the keys to planning safe and secure mass gatherings.
Listen in to learn how to:
- Assess venues for any safety, security, or transportation concerns
- Determine which risks are “worthy of mitigation”
- Communicate with staff and attendees about expectations before the event
- How to train and prepare your team for mass gatherings
- Build rapport with government officials and agencies in advance
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- How the Washington Commanders Secure FedExField
There’s nothing like an NFL game day. With 50,000+ people pouring into FedExField, the Washington Commanders rely on the elite coordination and collaboration of Director of Security & Transportation, Matthew Van Norton, to keep fans and staff safe. By partnering with vendors, federal, state, and local officials, and the league itself, Matthew and his team…
- Insights From Zillow’s Business Resiliency Manager
As a remote-first organization with cloud-based headquarters, Zillow maintains its resilience with a 24/7 approach to business continuity and crisis management. Business Resiliency Manager Ryan Williams and his team of two rely on modern tools and technology to ensure any incident – from an app outage to an active threat – gets an immediate and…
- The Top Threats to Business Resiliency in 2024
From natural disasters to the advancement of AI, 2023 saw various disruptive events that impacted business leaders’ approach to employee safety, security, and business continuity. As we move further into 2024, trend lines indicate that the global threat landscape will continue to intensify. Sara Pratley, Senior Vice President of Global Intelligence at AlertMedia, joins the…