Introducing WhatsApp Notification Channel: Enhancing How You Reach Your Employees During Emergencies
Reach your global employee base during critical events reliably and securely using WhatsApp.
The way people communicate is changing in a big way as we become more globally connected. While SMS text messaging has served as a primary communication channel for much of the world, people living and working in areas with poor phone service are increasingly turning to web-based channels.
This shift poses challenges for security and business continuity professionals who rely on text messaging to reach their people during emergencies. Because of this, we’re excited to release WhatsApp as a new communication channel for our emergency mass notification system, allowing organizations with an international footprint to more easily and reliably reach their people.
WhatsApp, Slack, and many other web-based platforms have become important communication methods in locations with spotty or unreliable phone service since internet coverage may be more readily available. These applications are also the easiest way to connect across international borders without worrying about country-specific regulations, carrier complexity, and added costs.
As the global business landscape evolves, WhatsApp provides a secure, reliable communication channel safety, security, and resilience teams can leverage to expand their multichannel communication strategy and ensure they can reach their people wherever they are.
Expand Your Multichannel Communications Using WhatsApp
In emergencies, it’s critical that everyone receives messages as quickly as possible. Relying on a single communication channel reduces the effectiveness and reach of your notifications significantly. If you’re relying on email alone and there is a widespread IT or power outage, employees may never get the messages that could help keep them safe. Or, if you rely solely on SMS, you may run into carrier regulations that cause deliverability issues. This is why it’s so important to have a multichannel communication strategy.
When sending notifications during an emergency, it’s essential to consider using a channel like WhatsApp that:
- Consistently reaches your audience, no matter where they are in the world
- Is not dependent on different carriers in different countries
- Supports two-way messaging capabilities, including surveys, read confirmations, and replies
- Spreads critical information instantaneously with real-time messaging
“As organizations become more connected globally, WhatsApp has rapidly become a critical communication channel,” said Christopher Kenessey, CEO at AlertMedia. “By adding WhatsApp notifications, we’re providing customers a trusted, two-way communication solution that works independently from ever-changing international SMS carrier policies, allowing them to expand their global reach and better protect their people and assets worldwide.”
Communicate Quickly and Effectively During Emergencies Using WhatsApp
With more than 2.7 billion global users, WhatsApp notifications give customers a powerful way to quickly reach employees via a reliable and familiar channel already used for a variety of personal and professional communications. With WhatsApp, organizations can:
- Expand your multichannel communications
- The primary messaging platform in more than 130 countries, WhatsApp provides organizations with a highly secure and reliable channel designed to help reduce notification deliverability issues.
- Increase global employee reach and engagement
- As communication trends evolve, there’s a notable shift away from conventional text messaging as the primary way of communicating. WhatsApp’s widespread and increasing global usage makes it an effective platform to reach your people quickly and ensure visibility and engagement during emergencies.
- Spread critical information instantaneously with real-time messaging
- Speed is essential during emergency situations where every second counts. WhatsApp provides real-time messaging capabilities, allowing for the immediate distribution of crucial information to keep your people safe.
- Protect sensitive information with built-in end-to-end encryption
- WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption ensures that messages, calls, and shared media are accessible only to the intended recipients, protecting privacy and confidentiality.
- Rely on multimedia sharing to aid in response efforts
- In emergencies, sharing images, videos, location information, and documents can be an important tool to help in your response efforts. WhatsApp supports various media formats, enabling employees to convey essential visual information to the team.
Increase Global Reach During Critical Events
By adopting WhatsApp as part of your emergency communication strategy, you can augment your existing channels and reach more people consistently. Find out how AlertMedia can help you integrate a comprehensive, multichannel communication solution with your emergency response planning. Schedule a demo of our reliable, intuitive mass notification system that supports a range of channels so you never have to worry about reaching your people.