Zoom Strengthens Security by Leading With Empathy
Zoom describes its workplace culture in two words: Delivering Happiness.
Burke Brownfeld, Manager of Physical Security, Operations Awareness, and Partnerships at Zoom, discovered a simple and effective method of delivering happiness—apply empathy in every business interaction.
In this episode, Burke shares how he strengthened his working relationships and the security function at Zoom by leading with empathy and why he believes it should be at the core of every security professional’s approach to leadership.
Listen to our conversation with Burke to hear about:
- Tips for being a more empathetic leader
- How to focus on the process, not the outcome, to create more positive workplace interactions
- Lessons learned on how to explain and implement procedural changes effectively
- Why corporate security should evolve beyond the traditional “guns, guards, and gates” approach
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- How to Achieve Resiliency Through Strategic Crisis Communication
Effective communication becomes the linchpin of organizational resilience in times of uncertainty. From weather disruptions to reputational crises, organizations need to master the art of communication when it matters most—before disaster strikes. Julie Kay Roberts is the Founder of the Private Sector Emergency Management Association, which connects business resilience professionals with the communities they support….
- The Power of Near-Miss Reporting in Healthcare Safety
The healthcare industry is currently grappling with a significant staffing shortage, which directly impacts employee safety. For hospitals and care providers overwhelmed by burnout, workplace violence, and other systemic issues, the key to improving their safety culture is near-miss reporting. Heidi Raines is Founder and CEO of Performance Health Partners and author of Shared Voices:…
- How to Leverage Technology and Automation to Improve Physical Security
In today’s threat landscape, physical security leaders face mounting risks with increasing resource constraints. At Datadog, a SaaS-based data analytics platform, Julius Jayasekaran embraces the lean security model by leveraging technology. As Global Head of Physical Security with decades of experience in security operations, Julius discusses how utilizing technology and automation empowers his modern security…