Safety Lessons From Journalists in War Zones
How can military and journalist training benefit an organization’s safety and security programs? By applying the same universal safety principles to improve risk management and situational awareness in the workplace.
Tim Crockett, Founder and Senior Consultant at Flying Frog Consultants, is a veteran of the British Special Forces and spent his life and career in and out of war zones. His training has helped journalists survive unbelievable news gathering missions around the world.
Tim joins our guest host, Sara Pratley, to share his core safety principles that can be applied to any organization to keep their people and business safe and secure.
Listen to our conversation with Tim to hear about:
- The concept of “The Three As”—Awareness, Anticipation, and Avoidance
- Why there is no such thing as a risk-free work environment
- How regular training gives organizations an edge
- Risk mitigation for traveling workers
- The importance of empowering employees with competence and confidence
The Employee Safety Podcast is hosted by Peter Steinfeld, SVP of Safety Solutions at AlertMedia.
You can find this interview and many more by following The Employee Safety Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or subscribing here.