The Anniversary of Hurricane Ian: Kohl’s Reflects on Their Response
When Hurricane Ian wreaked havoc on the shores of Florida in 2022, Kohl’s mobilized a task force of over 100 corporate leaders, deploying their National Disaster Playbook with precision and compassion.
To commemorate the one-year anniversary of the storm, Peter sat down with Stephanie Reissing, Kohls’ Business Continuity Manager, to hear the incredible story of the company’s unwavering commitment to employee safety and community support in the midst of a devastating storm.
Listen to hear Stephanie discuss:
- How Kohls’ incident management team sprang into action as the storm’s path unfolded
- Why business continuity is a crucial part of company culture
- The role communication played in keeping their employees safe
- The importance of updating their Natural Disaster Playbook post-storm
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- Ensuring the Safety of Vulnerable Patients During Hurricane Ian
When Hurricane Ian battered the state of Florida in 2022, Family First Homecare faced the daunting task of ensuring their electricity-dependent patients were safe, accounted for, and receiving life-sustaining care. In part two of our 2023 hurricane preparedness series, Beth Harbold, Director of Quality Assurance and Emergency Management, explains that fast and personalized two-way communication…
- Tips From a Meteorologist on Preparing for Hurricane Season
The first step to hurricane readiness is knowing what to do and when. In part one of our 2023 hurricane preparedness series, guest host Sara Pratley sat down with AlertMedia’s Senior Meteorologist, Jason Moreland, to unpack the early forecasts for the 2023 hurricane season and what organizations need to know to protect their people and…
- Hurricane Preparedness Part 1: Understanding Hurricane Hazards
The 2021 hurricane season is upon us. In part one of our three-part series on hurricane preparedness, Melissa Huffman, Warning Coordination Meteorologist for the National Weather Service, shares her expert knowledge on common and not-so-common hurricane hazards and how to prepare for them. Topics covered: What to expect from this year’s season How hurricanes are…