California AB 685
Stay Compliant With California AB 685
Use AlertMedia to meet regulatory requirements established by California’s AB 685 and other workplace safety legislation.
Request a Demo
Protect Your Employees and Your Business
Effective January 1, 2021, California Assembly Bill 685 mandates that all employers meet new workplace safety requirements—including notifying all employees within 24 hours if they are exposed to COVID-19 at a worksite. We’ll help you communicate effectively about workplace incidents, comply with state law, and avoid costly penalties.
Alert Impacted Workers
Quickly identify at-risk employees and contractors after a confirmed COVID-19 case at a worksite. Use employee groups and multi-channel notifications to ensure messages reach the right people quickly in compliance with new Cal/OSHA and HIPAA requirements.
Share Safety and Benefits Information
Ensure employees are aware of COVID-19-related benefits in compliance with AB 685 regulations. Share relevant resources via communication templates and solicit immediate feedback via two-way messaging and surveys.
Reiterate Reopening Plans
Easily communicate workplace disinfection and safety plans and provide updates as plans are executed—as AB 685 requires. Keep stakeholders informed about cleaning protocols and reopening plans with dedicated event pages. Reach employees quickly if plans change due to COVID-19 illnesses or a local outbreak.
Keep Accurate Records
Securely Store Employee Communications
Maintain state-mandated records of all COVID-19-related communication as specified by AB 685. Rapidly produce documentation and ensure messages reach the right people with read receipt confirmations.
Everything You Need to Comply With California AB 685
Communicate quickly and effectively with employees about COVID-19 incidents
- Intuitive DesignSend messages in seconds from any device with the industry’s most intuitive emergency communication solution.
- Communication TemplatesLeverage pre-built templates to quickly send COVID-19 notifications in seconds to any size group, from any device.
- Location-Aware GroupsAutomatically create and update groups based on location, role, or custom filters so messages reach the right recipients.
- Multi-Channel NotificationsEnsure messages are received with multi-channel messaging across text, email, voice, mobile app, desktop, Slack, and more.
- Event PagesCreate a centralized hub for any incident to streamline access to critical information and resources across your organization.
- Real-Time AnalyticsSee notification performance and confirm deliverability with real-time performance charts and response analytics via a single dashboard.
What AlertMedia Customers Are Saying
“Using AlertMedia’s survey functionality gives us real-time insights into employee well-being during COVID-19 and provides our HR team with the visibility we need to support our people and ensure compliance.”
Melissa Guttman Principal,
Talent at JMI Equity
Talent at JMI Equity
“AlertMedia has absolutely helped us meet the state’s requirements around reporting to work during the pandemic. We can easily and safely conduct the necessary daily employee health screenings remotely. AlertMedia allows us to communicate faster, safer, and smarter during the COVID-19 crisis.”
Chris Murray Senior Human Resources Manager,
“With AlertMedia, we can efficiently follow COVID-19 reopening guidelines, protect employee health and safety, and proactively assist employees that may be exhibiting symptoms.”
Jennifer DeSchepper Human Resources Manager,