What’s Working Now in Retail Asset Protection
With 694 fatalities and $112 billion in losses reported in 2022, retail crime is at an all-time high. And as Black Friday and the holiday shopping season approach, retailers are looking for solutions to ensure a safe and smooth atmosphere for shoppers and employees alike.
Khristopher Hamlin is the Vice President of Asset Protection at the Retail Industry Leaders Association. In this episode, Khristopher shares how retailers are leaning on technology, community safety initiatives, and partnerships with law enforcement to protect their most valuable assets—their people.
Listen in to learn about:
- Startling statistics on the current state of retail asset protection and organized crime
- How retailers are leveraging AI technology for staffing, safety, and more
- RILA’s new Vibrant Communities Initiative that supports retail asset protection
- Strategies for tackling staff shortages and safety training in retail
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- Gap Inc. on Active Shooter Preparedness and Response
There’s no such thing as too much preparation for active shooter events. But what’s the best way to train your people to respond in a real scenario? And how do you support impacted employees if or when it happens at your organization? Chris Nelson, SVP and Head of Asset Protection at Gap Inc., joins the…
- How Sally Beauty Minimizes Loss & Protects Lone Workers
Loss prevention in the retail industry is more complicated than ever. LP professionals must constantly peek around the corner to identify potential disruptions to their business and mitigate the associated risks. That means implementing an asset protection plan that prioritizes employee safety before anything. This is the case at Sally Beauty, and it isn’t just…
- Loss Prevention in Retail (Part 2): Asset Protection at Warby Parker
Loss prevention isn’t only about protecting stores and merchandise from theft. In part two of our two-part series on loss prevention in retail, Chris Hinger, Director of Loss Prevention, Corporate Security, Corporate Facilities, and Risk Management at Warby Parker, explains how loss prevention strategies have shifted into overall asset protection, including employee safety. In this…