The American Red Cross on Disaster Preparedness
When disaster strikes, thousands of American Red Cross employees and volunteers work tirelessly to provide immediate aid and assist in recovery. However, the Red Cross must ensure the safety of their own team before they can help others.
Jennifer Pipa, VP of Disaster Programs at American Red Cross, oversees the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of disaster services programs. In this episode, she offers her expert advice on how emergency managers can improve their organization’s preparedness and response programs to better protect their people.
- How to use situational awareness to pivot and adapt response protocols
- The importance of monitoring and identifying threats to proactively prepare and inform impacted individuals
- Why you should continuously assess and improve your communication strategies
- How organizations can support their local communities and American Red Cross chapters before and after a disaster
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- How the Washington Commanders Secure FedExField
There’s nothing like an NFL game day. With 50,000+ people pouring into FedExField, the Washington Commanders rely on the elite coordination and collaboration of Director of Security & Transportation, Matthew Van Norton, to keep fans and staff safe. By partnering with vendors, federal, state, and local officials, and the league itself, Matthew and his team…
- Insights From Zillow’s Business Resiliency Manager
As a remote-first organization with cloud-based headquarters, Zillow maintains its resilience with a 24/7 approach to business continuity and crisis management. Business Resiliency Manager Ryan Williams and his team of two rely on modern tools and technology to ensure any incident – from an app outage to an active threat – gets an immediate and…
- The Top Threats to Business Resiliency in 2024
From natural disasters to the advancement of AI, 2023 saw various disruptive events that impacted business leaders’ approach to employee safety, security, and business continuity. As we move further into 2024, trend lines indicate that the global threat landscape will continue to intensify. Sara Pratley, Senior Vice President of Global Intelligence at AlertMedia, joins the…