Emergency Preparedness Tips From the National Safety Council
September is National Preparedness Month, recognized each year by FEMA to raise awareness for emergency preparedness by promoting business, community, and family disaster planning.
In honor of National Preparedness Month, we invited JoAnn Dankert, Senior Safety Consultant at the National Safety Council, to share some safety tips and guidance from the NSC. JoAnn has more than 30 years of diversified experience helping organizations fully integrate EHS practices into their business operations.
- Most common preparedness challenges faced by businesses
- Conducting risk assessments, drills, and exercises in the workplace
- Involving your neighbors in your emergency preparedness plan
- How to effectively communicate with employees, leadership, and emergency responders
Learn more with these resources:
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- How to Achieve Resiliency Through Strategic Crisis Communication
Effective communication becomes the linchpin of organizational resilience in times of uncertainty. From weather disruptions to reputational crises, organizations need to master the art of communication when it matters most—before disaster strikes. Julie Kay Roberts is the Founder of the Private Sector Emergency Management Association, which connects business resilience professionals with the communities they support….
- The Power of Near-Miss Reporting in Healthcare Safety
The healthcare industry is currently grappling with a significant staffing shortage, which directly impacts employee safety. For hospitals and care providers overwhelmed by burnout, workplace violence, and other systemic issues, the key to improving their safety culture is near-miss reporting. Heidi Raines is Founder and CEO of Performance Health Partners and author of Shared Voices:…
- How to Leverage Technology and Automation to Improve Physical Security
In today’s threat landscape, physical security leaders face mounting risks with increasing resource constraints. At Datadog, a SaaS-based data analytics platform, Julius Jayasekaran embraces the lean security model by leveraging technology. As Global Head of Physical Security with decades of experience in security operations, Julius discusses how utilizing technology and automation empowers his modern security…