Preparing Your People for Large-Scale Event Emergencies
Large-scale events raise unique safety concerns for organizers and attendees alike.
With event emergencies and attacks on the rise globally, organizations should prepare their employees to respond to any large-scale event disruption, from power outages and crowd surges to active shooter threats and natural disasters.
Nick Dawe is the Division Chief and Fire Marshal for Cobb County Fire and Emergency Services. After contributing to a recent Billboard Magazine article on the topic, Nick joined the show to share safety tips for any event, including:
- Items to have on hand in the event of an emergency
- Warning signs to watch for when attending big gatherings
- The organizational benefits of preparing and educating your people on how to respond to active threats
- Suggestions for how to respond to event emergencies based on the scenario
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- Risk Mitigation for Large-Scale Events
Planning and executing music festivals and community events requires meticulous risk mitigation to protect all attendees and staff. Scott Davidson is the CEO and Founder of Code 4, an operations management and emergency services provider based in Austin, Texas. For Scott, risk forecasting and mitigation are the keys to planning safe and secure mass gatherings….
- How the City of Indio Prepares for Coachella & Other Major Events
Indio, California, is known as the “City of Festivals.” It is home to major music festivals like Coachella and Stagecoach as well as numerous other arts, food, and sporting events. When one of these events takes place, the population of Indio doubles, making it vital to have an adequate emergency plan in place. Dennis Day,…
- Community Preparedness in Advance of Major Events
When you work at a vital blood provider for multiple hospitals and healthcare facilities, people depend on your services — especially during emergencies. In this episode, DeKeitra Fitzgerald, Claims and Safety Manager, and Richard Dunn, Security and Resilience Manager, from Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center, share the strategies they use to ensure they can provide…