How to Prepare for Winter Weather
Experts predict the 2022-2023 winter season will feature above-average temperatures for the third year in a row.
But as AlertMedia’s Senior Meteorologist Jason Moreland explains, that doesn’t mean we’re in for a winter without incident. The forecast includes a high likelihood of significant winter weather events as well as a wide range of downstream impacts that organizations and their employees should prepare for.
In this episode, Jason breaks down:
- The surprising effect of warmer temperatures on winter weather events
- How weaknesses in the polar vortex impact North America
- How the third consecutive La Niña will affect the 22-23 winter season
- Tips for assessing and mitigating winter weather threats
- How to plan ahead for secondary impacts of winter weather
The Employee Safety Podcast is hosted by Peter Steinfeld, SVP of Safety Solutions at AlertMedia.
You can find this interview and many more by following The Employee Safety Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or subscribing here.