How to Prepare for Winter Weather
Experts predict the 2022-2023 winter season will feature above-average temperatures for the third year in a row.
But as AlertMedia’s Senior Meteorologist Jason Moreland explains, that doesn’t mean we’re in for a winter without incident. The forecast includes a high likelihood of significant winter weather events as well as a wide range of downstream impacts that organizations and their employees should prepare for.
In this episode, Jason breaks down:
- The surprising effect of warmer temperatures on winter weather events
- How weaknesses in the polar vortex impact North America
- How the third consecutive La Niña will affect the 22-23 winter season
- Tips for assessing and mitigating winter weather threats
- How to plan ahead for secondary impacts of winter weather
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- Air, Land, and Sea: Emergency Response at Stratolaunch
At Stratolaunch—the company that built the world’s longest aircraft—emergency planning is unique. From coordinating public safety officials to readying rescue operations, the experimental aviation company relies on an emergency response expert with experience at every altitude. Linna Selbrede is the Emergency Response Program Lead with over a decade of experience in search and rescue spanning…
- What’s Working Now in Retail Asset Protection
With 694 fatalities and $112 billion in losses reported in 2022, retail crime is at an all-time high. And as Black Friday and the holiday shopping season approach, retailers are looking for solutions to ensure a safe and smooth atmosphere for shoppers and employees alike. Khristopher Hamlin is the Vice President of Asset Protection at…
- How to Tackle Threats to Business Resiliency in Healthcare
In the healthcare industry, resiliency is more than ensuring continuity of operations—it’s about protecting the continuity of patient care around the clock. Jonathan Arnburg is the System Senior Director of Public Safety and Emergency Management at Inova, Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Jon joined the show to discuss how he’s navigating the biggest threats…