Employee Expectations of Workplace Safety in 2023
Employees expect their employers to both care about their safety and actively keep them safe. How do we know? We asked them.
For the second year in a row, AlertMedia surveyed more than 2,000 employees from across the U.S. to understand their genuine feelings about workplace risks and their organizations’ safety efforts. The results are documented in AlertMedia’s 2023 State of Employee Safety Report.
Matt Paladino, Senior Vice President at Material, the research firm behind the survey, joins the show today to share how these eye-opening conclusions can help improve employee safety at your organization.
Key learning objectives:
- Do employees think their employers’ physical and psychological safety efforts are effective?
- How do employee perceptions of safety impact their retention, loyalty, and productivity?
- Do they feel safer working onsite or remotely?
- How safe do they feel during business travel?
- What can employers do to help employees feel safer at work?
Download the full 2023 State of Employee Safety Report for more insights and findings.
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- Air, Land, and Sea: Emergency Response at Stratolaunch
At Stratolaunch—the company that built the world’s longest aircraft—emergency planning is unique. From coordinating public safety officials to readying rescue operations, the experimental aviation company relies on an emergency response expert with experience at every altitude. Linna Selbrede is the Emergency Response Program Lead with over a decade of experience in search and rescue spanning…
- What’s Working Now in Retail Asset Protection
With 694 fatalities and $112 billion in losses reported in 2022, retail crime is at an all-time high. And as Black Friday and the holiday shopping season approach, retailers are looking for solutions to ensure a safe and smooth atmosphere for shoppers and employees alike. Khristopher Hamlin is the Vice President of Asset Protection at…
- How to Tackle Threats to Business Resiliency in Healthcare
In the healthcare industry, resiliency is more than ensuring continuity of operations—it’s about protecting the continuity of patient care around the clock. Jonathan Arnburg is the System Senior Director of Public Safety and Emergency Management at Inova, Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Jon joined the show to discuss how he’s navigating the biggest threats…