Response Plans for Protests & Civil Unrest
Many protests and demonstrations are planned in advance, but civil unrest often occurs spontaneously, creating unique challenges for organizations nearby.
In these situations, safety professionals have little time to identify potential threats and ensure employee safety.
However, there are response and mitigation strategies that every organization can put in place to protect their people, maintain business continuity, and stay informed during fluid situations.
- Unique challenges associated with protests and civil unrest
- Mitigation and response strategies to protect your business and people
- The importance of having a crisis communication plan and a skilled spokesperson
- Safety tips to consider when attending a mass gathering
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- Air, Land, and Sea: Emergency Response at Stratolaunch
At Stratolaunch—the company that built the world’s longest aircraft—emergency planning is unique. From coordinating public safety officials to readying rescue operations, the experimental aviation company relies on an emergency response expert with experience at every altitude. Linna Selbrede is the Emergency Response Program Lead with over a decade of experience in search and rescue spanning…
- What’s Working Now in Retail Asset Protection
With 694 fatalities and $112 billion in losses reported in 2022, retail crime is at an all-time high. And as Black Friday and the holiday shopping season approach, retailers are looking for solutions to ensure a safe and smooth atmosphere for shoppers and employees alike. Khristopher Hamlin is the Vice President of Asset Protection at…
- How to Tackle Threats to Business Resiliency in Healthcare
In the healthcare industry, resiliency is more than ensuring continuity of operations—it’s about protecting the continuity of patient care around the clock. Jonathan Arnburg is the System Senior Director of Public Safety and Emergency Management at Inova, Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Jon joined the show to discuss how he’s navigating the biggest threats…