AUSTIN, Texas – October 17, 2023 – AlertMedia, the world’s leading provider of threat intelligence, emergency communication, and travel risk management solutions, today announced a new integration with WhatsApp, further enhancing organizations’ ability to reach and communicate with global employees during emergencies and critical events. Available worldwide, the integration enables organizations to securely send and receive notifications through WhatsApp’s multiplatform messaging service, in conjunction with AlertMedia’s full suite of threat intelligence and emergency communication capabilities. WhatsApp notifications work seamlessly with AlertMedia’s complete catalog of communication channels, allowing companies to respond to emergencies faster from a single interface.
“As organizations become more connected globally, WhatsApp has rapidly become a critical communication channel,” said Christopher Kenessey, CEO at AlertMedia. “By adding WhatsApp notifications, we’re providing customers a trusted, two-way communication solution that works independently from ever-changing international SMS carrier policies, allowing them to expand their global reach and better protect their people and assets worldwide.”
As country-specific regulations and carrier limitations evolve, success rates when using traditional SMS-based communication can vary. With WhatsApp notifications, AlertMedia customers can now augment existing channels and enhance deliverability by sending text-based messages worldwide via any cellular data network or WI-FI connection without setting up complex, country-specific phone numbers. Additional benefits include:
- Expand multichannel communication strategies: The #1 messaging platform in more than 130 countries, WhatsApp provides organizations with a highly secure and reliable channel designed to help reduce notification deliverability issues.
- Increase global employee reach and engagement: Used by more than two billion people monthly, WhatsApp offers an ideal channel for reaching international audiences to ensure message visibility and engagement during emergencies.
- Spread critical information instantaneously with real-time messaging: During emergencies, every second counts. Using WhatsApp’s real-time messaging capabilities, organizations can immediately distribute time-sensitive information to keep employees safe and mitigate business impacts.
- Utilize multimedia to aid in response efforts: In emergencies, sharing images, videos, location information, and documents can be crucial during response efforts. WhatsApp supports various media formats, enabling employees to convey essential visual information to employers.
- Protect sensitive information with enterprise-grade encryption: WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption ensures that messages, calls, and shared media are only accessible to the intended recipients, ensuring privacy and confidentiality.
To learn more about AlertMedia or request a demo, visit: alertmedia.com/demo-mass-notification-for-free/
AlertMedia helps organizations protect their people and businesses through all phases of an emergency. Our award-winning threat intelligence, emergency communication, and travel risk management solutions help companies of all sizes identify, respond to, and recover from critical events faster and more confidently. AlertMedia supports essential communication for thousands of leading businesses—including DHL, JetBlue, Coca-Cola Bottling, In-N-Out, and Walmart—in more than 130 countries. For more information, visit www.alertmedia.com.