A Day in the Life of a Global Threat Intelligence Analyst
In today’s heightened threat landscape, organizations have a greater need for innovative threat monitoring and identification tools to protect their people and business. But who are the people working behind the scenes to ensure these tools are surfacing fast, accurate, and relevant information to those who rely on it to keep employees out of harm’s way?
At AlertMedia, it’s the Global Threat Intelligence Team—a group of experienced in-house analysts, meteorologists, and researchers who work around the clock to monitor thousands of data sources, filter out noise, and deliver timely, accurate information about critical events occurring around the world.
Kathan Fish, Lead Global Intelligence Analyst at AlertMedia, joins guest host Sara Pratley to demystify the role of a threat intelligence analyst and discuss what it’s like to help more than 3,000 customers save lives and minimize loss. Kathan explains:
- The day-to-day roles and responsibilities of a threat intelligence analyst
- The tools and processes the Global Threat Intelligence team uses to determine credible threats
- How analysts provide clarity and context directly to customers in developing emergencies
- Why the increasing volume and availability of information continually challenges analysts to adapt how they gather information
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- How the Washington Commanders Secure FedExField
There’s nothing like an NFL game day. With 50,000+ people pouring into FedExField, the Washington Commanders rely on the elite coordination and collaboration of Director of Security & Transportation, Matthew Van Norton, to keep fans and staff safe. By partnering with vendors, federal, state, and local officials, and the league itself, Matthew and his team…
- Insights From Zillow’s Business Resiliency Manager
As a remote-first organization with cloud-based headquarters, Zillow maintains its resilience with a 24/7 approach to business continuity and crisis management. Business Resiliency Manager Ryan Williams and his team of two rely on modern tools and technology to ensure any incident – from an app outage to an active threat – gets an immediate and…
- The Top Threats to Business Resiliency in 2024
From natural disasters to the advancement of AI, 2023 saw various disruptive events that impacted business leaders’ approach to employee safety, security, and business continuity. As we move further into 2024, trend lines indicate that the global threat landscape will continue to intensify. Sara Pratley, Senior Vice President of Global Intelligence at AlertMedia, joins the…