The Science Behind Psychologically Safe Workplaces
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month in May, we are fostering discussion around psychological safety in the workplace.
Dr. Tracy Brower, Sociologist and Author, joins the show to explain the sociology of work — the scientific study of the relationship between people and their jobs. Understanding the sociology of work can help organizations improve the psychological safety and mental health of their employees, as well as their company’s reputation and bottom line.
- The significant data and research that demonstrate how work can impact employees’ mental health and happiness
- Why prioritizing employee well-being is a business imperative
- Actionable advice for creating a psychologically safe work environment
- How leadership can help employees avoid burnout
- Why employees at every stage of life appreciate a reimagined safety culture
Visit www.tracybrower.com for more resources on the sociology of work, mental health in the workplace, and psychologically safe work environments.
The Employee Safety Podcast is hosted by Peter Steinfeld, SVP of Safety Solutions at AlertMedia.
You can find this interview and many more by subscribing to The Employee Safety Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or here.