The Importance of DEI in Emergency Management
Creating a strong emergency management program starts with people, not planning.
Vincent B. Davis, Founder and President of Preparedness Matters, is committed to helping organizations improve their emergency preparedness and response programs by encouraging them to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the process.
After all, diversity is not just about racial disparities, it’s about bringing a group of diverse individuals to the table to offer different perspectives on preparedness and how to respond to disasters.
In this episode, Vincent discusses:
- How past roles at Walgreens, Amazon, and FEMA inspired him to help other organizations diversify
- Intentionally recruiting, hiring, and mentoring people of diverse backgrounds
- Steps for eradicating racism in emergency management
- Why organizations should strive to build a sense of community around emergency preparedness
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- How to Achieve Resiliency Through Strategic Crisis Communication
Effective communication becomes the linchpin of organizational resilience in times of uncertainty. From weather disruptions to reputational crises, organizations need to master the art of communication when it matters most—before disaster strikes. Julie Kay Roberts is the Founder of the Private Sector Emergency Management Association, which connects business resilience professionals with the communities they support….
- The Power of Near-Miss Reporting in Healthcare Safety
The healthcare industry is currently grappling with a significant staffing shortage, which directly impacts employee safety. For hospitals and care providers overwhelmed by burnout, workplace violence, and other systemic issues, the key to improving their safety culture is near-miss reporting. Heidi Raines is Founder and CEO of Performance Health Partners and author of Shared Voices:…
- How to Leverage Technology and Automation to Improve Physical Security
In today’s threat landscape, physical security leaders face mounting risks with increasing resource constraints. At Datadog, a SaaS-based data analytics platform, Julius Jayasekaran embraces the lean security model by leveraging technology. As Global Head of Physical Security with decades of experience in security operations, Julius discusses how utilizing technology and automation empowers his modern security…