The Importance of DEI in Emergency Management
Creating a strong emergency management program starts with people, not planning.
Vincent B. Davis, Founder and President of Preparedness Matters, is committed to helping organizations improve their emergency preparedness and response programs by encouraging them to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the process.
After all, diversity is not just about racial disparities, it’s about bringing a group of diverse individuals to the table to offer different perspectives on preparedness and how to respond to disasters.
In this episode, Vincent discusses:
- How past roles at Walgreens, Amazon, and FEMA inspired him to help other organizations diversify
- Intentionally recruiting, hiring, and mentoring people of diverse backgrounds
- Steps for eradicating racism in emergency management
- Why organizations should strive to build a sense of community around emergency preparedness
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- How the Washington Commanders Secure FedExField
There’s nothing like an NFL game day. With 50,000+ people pouring into FedExField, the Washington Commanders rely on the elite coordination and collaboration of Director of Security & Transportation, Matthew Van Norton, to keep fans and staff safe. By partnering with vendors, federal, state, and local officials, and the league itself, Matthew and his team…
- Insights From Zillow’s Business Resiliency Manager
As a remote-first organization with cloud-based headquarters, Zillow maintains its resilience with a 24/7 approach to business continuity and crisis management. Business Resiliency Manager Ryan Williams and his team of two rely on modern tools and technology to ensure any incident – from an app outage to an active threat – gets an immediate and…
- The Top Threats to Business Resiliency in 2024
From natural disasters to the advancement of AI, 2023 saw various disruptive events that impacted business leaders’ approach to employee safety, security, and business continuity. As we move further into 2024, trend lines indicate that the global threat landscape will continue to intensify. Sara Pratley, Senior Vice President of Global Intelligence at AlertMedia, joins the…