Crisis Communication: What to Do When Employees Don’t Respond
There’s no time for miscommunication during a crisis. Timing, messaging, length, and methods of delivery all affect how employees receive emergency communication.
Keri K. Stephens, Ph.D is a Distinguished Teaching Professor at The University of Texas at Austin and a renowned author and expert in organizational crisis communication. Keri joined the show to share her research findings on how organizations can communicate effectively to protect their people.
Listen in to learn:
- How to build employee trust so they respond when you need them to
- The importance of tailored, multichannel messaging
- How emergency communication affects employees’ stress levels
- The impact of irrelevant messaging
- How to avoid information overload
The Employee Safety Podcast is hosted by Peter Steinfeld, SVP of Safety Solutions at AlertMedia.
You can find this interview and many more by following The Employee Safety Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or subscribing here.