How Chubb Fosters a Culture of Leadership
A great safety leader possesses more than just business continuity, security, and risk mitigation skills. To be a well-rounded leader, individuals must also develop soft skills and a holistic mindset to help keep their employees and business safe.
In this episode, Rick Kelly, Senior Vice President of Global Safety, Security, and Business Continuity at Chubb, explains why emotional intelligence is an important aspect of effective leadership and how he prepares the next generation of safety leaders for success.
- Rick’s approach to cultivating leadership in a multi-generational workforce
- The skills and experience Rick looks for when hiring future leaders
- Why incorporating servant leadership helps reinforce Chubb’s safety culture
- Advice for professionals looking to pursue a career in safety or security
More Episodes You May Be Interested In
- Air, Land, and Sea: Emergency Response at Stratolaunch
At Stratolaunch—the company that built the world’s longest aircraft—emergency planning is unique. From coordinating public safety officials to readying rescue operations, the experimental aviation company relies on an emergency response expert with experience at every altitude. Linna Selbrede is the Emergency Response Program Lead with over a decade of experience in search and rescue spanning…
- What’s Working Now in Retail Asset Protection
With 694 fatalities and $112 billion in losses reported in 2022, retail crime is at an all-time high. And as Black Friday and the holiday shopping season approach, retailers are looking for solutions to ensure a safe and smooth atmosphere for shoppers and employees alike. Khristopher Hamlin is the Vice President of Asset Protection at…
- How to Tackle Threats to Business Resiliency in Healthcare
In the healthcare industry, resiliency is more than ensuring continuity of operations—it’s about protecting the continuity of patient care around the clock. Jonathan Arnburg is the System Senior Director of Public Safety and Emergency Management at Inova, Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Jon joined the show to discuss how he’s navigating the biggest threats…