In our mobile world, our mobile devices play a pretty large role in our lives, right? We go to sleep with our phones by our beds, most of us even use its alarm to wake us up in the morning. And during the day, it’s always within reach.
That means you should be able to use your most valuable emergency preparedness tools—like your emergency notification system—right from your phone.
Why do you need an emergency notification mobile app?
Smart technology and mobile devices allow you to keep your people safe, informed, and connected from anywhere. You should have access to your emergency notification system whether you’re at your desk or on the go, from whichever device is within reach—whether it’s your personal iPhone, your Android that’s just for work, your PC, or your tablet. The right ENS vendor makes your smart phone even smarter when you have the most reliable enterprise monitoring and notification software available in one easy-to-use app.
It’s no wonder global customers rely on AlertMedia’s software and mobile app to improve emergency notification and response in over 80 countries. Organizations using our system to communicate globally require an emergency mass notification system with a strong, secure mobile presence.
Our customers find success with the following mobile app features – requirements that should be expected from all emergency notification system vendors:
- Familiar, streamlined interface. Users can respond to unfolding situations quickly all from one intuitive interface when they open the app on their mobile device. They can access every feature they need on the fly, straight from the app.
- Real-time synchronization. The mobile and web-based app update in real time, so multiple admins can manage notifications, incoming messages, and react to critical situations from wherever they are.
- Geo-tracking. Capture the location of your users in an emergency, and keep them safe. Receive duress signals from your people with their location attached, so you can send help immediately.
- Multi-channel notifications. From the app, you can send notifications simultaneously over text, voice call, email, app push, and social media. Select as many channels as you see fit to reach your audience around a particular event.
- Monitoring potential threats. Is inclement weather approaching? A potential threat to your business? Our 24/7 monitoring team tracks third-party sources for you, alerting you via app of any critical events. And if the situation affects your people or business, use the app to quickly deliver a notification and stay ahead of a crisis.
- Pre-built templates. Create notifications as templates so they’re ready to send when a situation arises—apply them with just a few in-app clicks. Some examples include office closures, weather events that you know affect your business, network downtime, and any other time-sensitive events you can anticipate.
- Conference calls. Bridge your audience on to a conference call in a matter of seconds. You’ll get all the key players you need to make a decision, or get answers, quickly.
- Surveying. Conduct surveys right from your device to collect audience feedback—and manage all your responses from the app’s interface.
- Read receipts. Track to ensure each individual user received your message, and follow their confirmation with real-time delivery charts.
- Easy admin management. Admins can manage incoming messages and responses to notifications. They can also label notifications with events to keep communications organized.
- Send your mobile app users targeted messages based on their location. From the web-based app, use the map to target your mobile app users in an affected area and send them a notification using geo-fencing.
Why does your audience need an emergency notification app?
To improve safety for your people, to give them a voice, you need to provide them with a reliable tool to do so. The mobile app is an additional channel and tool that your people can use to reach out to you, to signal for help, to track their own third-party sources for threats. With a mobile app, your audience can respond to events more quickly—providing you with important info or feedback, and also using it as a way to stay safe.
The app should support each person in your audience with:
An easy “Help!” button – Each user can call for help directly from the app. Using GPS tracking, the emergency coordinator will receive the user’s distress signal along with their location.
A secure channel to receive important notifications and updates, a channel they can use to send in messages to their coordinator, or respond to notifications with any information.
Alerts – Your audience can stay ahead of threatening events that may affect them. They can subscribe to sources they care about to be alerted of any critical information that might affect their well-being, or their area.
Real-time awareness—on-site and off-site—through accessible, streamlined monitoring, notifying, and response is how you protect and connect your audience using an emergency notification system. It’s the only way to manage emergency communications – by knowing what’s going on, and making informed decisions to resolve the situation. You need technology that’s modern and mobile to be successful.